** ROG SEXYNESS: THREE NEW ROG SWIFTS COMING SOON!! **

Soldato
not really as it's going to help with aa and not needing any. :)

In my experience (refer to my article on the topic) it reduces the need for anti-aliasing but does not eliminate it. When comparing a 27" UHD model with a 40", though, you do get a significant improvement in overall clarity and 'detail' due to the much improved pixel density. A 40" UHD model, after all, only has the same pixel density as a 27" WQHD model. However; I find 32" UHD models just as good visually as 27" UHD models despite the slacker pixel density. Obviously they're more immersive at the same time and more 'desktop friendly' without scaling. ASUS are missing a trick not ROGifying a 32" model as well. Perhaps next time eh?

Soldato
Wife has said i need to buy the PG348Q 34" UW as she likes the look of it the most :)

Happy days, now just need a release date.

Edit: have bought a cheap 24" monitor until this is released and i see what user opinion is on it.

Last edited:
Associate
Wife has said i need to buy the PG348Q 34" UW as she likes the look of it the most :)

Happy days, now just need a release date.

Edit: have bought a cheap 24" monitor until this is released and i see what user opinion is on it.

Where can I find a wife like yours?

Apart from your house, unless you're into that sorta thing.

Caporegime
4K one is still 60hz so meh.

The 165hz IPS is nice but it's a fair chunk to pay still after selling current swift for such a small upgrade in colour/viewing angles.

I like the curved 100hz IPS but the price is as expected crazy with it being the first of its type to market.

Associate
Just watched the preview video of the Asus PG279Q on Youtube and it's got backlight bleed/glow on the bottom right corner.

Soldato
Just watched the preview video of the Asus PG279Q on Youtube and it's got backlight bleed/glow on the bottom right corner.

Not surprising. This panel is notorious for it. If you expect a flawless example, don't buy it. With any IPS monitor these days, it's simply a case of finding one that has 'acceptable' levels of BLB and glow, as there simply won't be one with none.

Back
Top Bottom