** ROG SEXYNESS: THREE NEW ROG SWIFTS COMING SOON!! **

Soldato
So I spend a fortune on a Porsche. It turns up but I can only have 95% visibility out of the window and it has 10 spots on the windowscreen. Its okay though as I know I can return it for a refund.

You wouldn't put up with it so why do we have to put up with it for an expensive monitor ? It should be "right" in the first place.

Associate
I hate the way people seem to think price has an influence on the quality control of any goods received. If I buy a Kit Kat for 50p I expect it to be perfect. If I buy a monitor for £150 I expect it to be perfect. If I buy a monitor for £1200 I expect it to be perfect.

There is, and should be no difference!

You must live on another planet. Not to mention tossing the cliche word "perfect" around, whatever that means.

Soldato
I don't expect any monitor to be 100% perfect from previous experience, but I expect a £750 monitor to have much better quality control than a £250 dell monitor.

Soldato
Yeah but if you buy an Acer monitor there's a good chance you might get bits of FREE Kit Kat behind the screen. ;)

:D

You must live on another planet. Not to mention tossing the cliche word "perfect" around, whatever that means.

Not that it needs explaining, but I was simply echoing on from the previous poster who used the word "perfect" in his post.

Perhaps you're easily pleased? I'm not.

It's quite simple. When I buy something I expect it to be perfect. Brilliant. As sold. Fit for purpose. ****ing ACE. A1. Great. Good. Whatever term floats your potatoes bud in your non cliched world.

I don't expect a monitor to have dead or stuck pixels, or backlight bleed. None of the 3 monitors currently on my desk have any of these issues (Asus Rog Swift, a Dell IPS and a Dell VA. The Dell IPS even has no IPS glow, which also seems to be taken as being 'normal' and 'acceptable' now. Which is also wrong.)
None of the HD Tvs in my house have these issues. One did in the last few years. Guess what happened? I sent it back and got a TV that was perfect. Fit for purpose. A1. ****ing ACE. I could go on......

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't expect a monitor to have dead or stuck pixels, or backlight bleed. None of the 3 monitors currently on my desk have any of these issues (Asus Rog Swift, a Dell IPS and a Dell VA. The Dell IPS even has no IPS glow, which also seems to be taken as being 'normal' and 'acceptable' now. Which is also wrong.)
None of the HD Tvs in my house have these issues. One did in the last few years. Guess what happened? I sent it back and got a TV that was perfect. Fit for purpose. A1. ****ing ACE. I could go on......

I actually expect problems, but at least they can be what I think is "acceptable" not what someone else says is "acceptable" because you could draw the line anywhere. Anyway I want to order this monitor but only when I get some confirmation I can have hassle free returns if I get a bad one, no restocking fees or anything like that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Will only consider the 165hz panel untill theres reviews from actual buyers and not just review sites with cherry picked panels. Will also want some sort of pixel perfect guarantee and on site replacements, before I go anywhere near it.

Acer, never again ...

Soldato
I hate the way people seem to think price has an influence on the quality control of any goods received. If I buy a Kit Kat for 50p I expect it to be perfect. If I buy a monitor for £150 I expect it to be perfect. If I buy a monitor for £1200 I expect it to be perfect.

Yeah but I buy cheapish Ikea furniture knowing it isn't the greatest of quailty but when spending high amount on the higher end gear I expect it to be of the highest quaility, my DGM was cheap and the quality of the panel is second to none even after 2.5 years of solid use it still works (Minus blown brick) but Asus are making us shell out £800 on something that quite often is a pile of absolute *****. I want 144hz but am going to wait until some other manufacture can make it that will have decent QC and CS. Dell or AOC hopefully.

Soldato
I would be a lot happier to pre-order if I had some assurance, and I am sure a lot of other people would as well. Normally I would not be worried about it, but the Acer XB270HU was very bad for a £750 monitor, and I already got charged a restocking fee once by OCUK for something which was not my fault (although to be fair I got it back through paypal dispute and I might have been unlucky, other than that I have never had any problems with OCUK and they have been good overall except for that). I am hoping Asus have sorted this out, but would be nice to have some reassurance that if I get a faulty monitor, I can have a replacement no questions asked or fee's.

Last edited:

sg0

sg0

Associate

I hear ya but in the real world the higher the cost the higher the expectation. Plus I'am not writing to Rowntree's if one of my fingers are broken nor will I be looking at a KitKat for thousands of hours.

Soldato
Anyway, not to harp on, but I used a thing called the Internet and did a brilliant bit of research by typing in "definition of perfect". The Internet told me this immediately.... (People could try this themselves, it's a lot of fun...)

Perfect

having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.

Perfect

make (something) completely free from faults or defects; make as good as possible.

Now, I don't know about you, but I think that's a very reasonable word/ description/ aspiration / requirement for anything you buy.

Ergo, my KitKat should be fully four fingered, have an even, uniform coating of chocolate, and be lovely and crisp and in no way stale. It should not feature any broken 'fingers' but I understand this may be a possibility that rowntrees may be absolved from due to 'user error' or errant man handling by a rough man in a shop. If however, one of the sticks is solid ****ing chocolate and is ****ing entirely wafer free, the rowntrees can **** right off and I will contact my local ombudsman quick as you like.

Last edited:
Associate
:D
Not that it needs explaining, but I was simply echoing on from the previous poster who used the word "perfect" in his post.

Perhaps you're easily pleased? I'm not.

It's quite simple. When I buy something I expect it to be perfect. Brilliant. As sold. Fit for purpose. ****ing ACE. A1. Great. Good. Whatever term floats your potatoes bud in your non cliched world.

I'd easily find flaws with all of the displays in your house.

You mentioned something silly like all £150 displays should be perfect. I welcomed you to planet Earth.

Soldato
I'd easily find flaws with all of the displays in your house.

You mentioned something silly like all £150 displays should be perfect. I welcomed you to planet Earth.

Oh would you now? Well you're not coming round to check I can tell you laddy.

Why would it be "silly" for a £150 monitor to be....

Perfect

having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.

Perfect

make (something) completely free from faults or defects; make as good as possible.

I bet you like faulty KitKats don't you. You silly billy.

Last edited:
Soldato
40" 4K VA...or 27" 4K with G-Sync and higher refresh?

27" 4K is just really underselling the pixel count.

The 4k is still 60hz, so not higher refresh than a 4k TV, but the 30-60hz Gsync would be extremely useful on 4k compared to a TV where you will need to keep it over 60 or get obvious stuttering etc.

Back
Top Bottom