Rome 2 : Total War

Soldato
Bottom right corner left to right (from memory):

- Current gold
- Gold next turn
- Food
- Season (I think)

Now you can tell me how I can stop constant rebellions across my provinces...I just can't seem to get public order up! :(

Associate
Check what effects buildings are having and change them if needed. Also observe culture, buildings again can not only change/convert culture at higher rates, but also contribute to better public order. Edicts set to games can help too. You can also retain armies in province city as a last resort. There are also public order bonuses to be had within research trees.

Good luck.

Soldato
Bump! Browsing the Steam Workshop: any essential mods out there that I'm a fool for not running? Especially looking for ones that help older systems cope ;)

Soldato
Divide et imperia part 1-6
agent cards redone
better blood textures for blood and gore pack
better water 3 hd
enhanced particles
improved event pictures
gemfx graphics enhancement mod
rome total war music

Theres another mod called ancient empires, its a submod for divide et imperia, which will make the game glorious. But at the moment its very early beta so leave it alone for a while.
The above mods all work together and make the game so much better in every way. Its more historic, with lots of new realistic features. Plus the game looks a lot better and at the same time it runs better aswell.

Soldato
A bit of a necro but I wanted to vent. I have stayed away from Rome 2 since release, due to its issues. I wanted a smooth, balanced gameplay so I waited and now I've finally tried it (Divide et imperia). Lo and behold, I'm stuck at turn 40 something in the campaign. My previous manual save is at turn 20 and the autosave gets stuck every time I hit end turn.

A bit of searching shows the problem has existed since release, despite 17(!) patches. Unbelievable!

Associate
It's a shame, as the Total War franchise has so much potential. They just seem more interested in flashy box office releases than making a condensed series of games that truly meet the targets they should be setting themselves.

One of the major flaws is the strategy element and specifically the diplomacy has barely improved since M2 (I haven't played Attila or Warhammer tbf).

Imagine a Total War game with the strategic depth of EU4. It would be the best game of all time. Unfortunately, Creative Assembly seem to have a focus on simplicity and, well...war, that doesn't really allow for the nuances of statesmanship one can acheive in Paradox games.

Soldato
The warhammer game is everything I wanted from the total war series. If you want a total war game and are sick of messing about with Rome 2 (which I also quickly gave up on) then check that out.

Soldato
Can't fault them for the long term support and extra content and patches etc. I remember the launch of the game, pretty grim indeed.

If I had known about this last week I wouldn't have uninstalled it from my PC, damn big download.

Anyway it's installing now, I'll probably install the beta, and not get around to playing it much.

Thanks for the heads up.

Soldato
Can't fault them for the long term support and extra content and patches etc. I remember the launch of the game, pretty grim indeed.

If I had known about this last week I wouldn't have uninstalled it from my PC, damn big download.

Anyway it's installing now, I'll probably install the beta, and not get around to playing it much.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cool, look forward to your thoughts. I watched a couple of YouTubers' videos on the update, and they were pretty impressed with the changes. It'll be a week before I have a chance to try it myself though. :o

Back
Top Bottom