Soldato
OP
AC wiring at end of day 1

AC-Wiring-Day-1.jpg

0.9kWh generated on the new panels.

Soldato
OP
We've been running off the battery/solar since early afternoon :D

A few teething issues, which was a couple of settings in the Victron system, but other than that at the moment its doing what its supposed to.

Inverter-Wired-In.jpg

Electricians done a very neat job, they will be back soon to update the consumer unit in the house. I've still got numerous little bits to sort out.

VRM-Working.jpg

Associate
Open advanced, go to widgets(top right of the screen) chose what widgets you want displayed for each individual component.
(it will give you the total widgets for each device to chose from)

That is where the real magic of the Victron VRM is :)

Soldato
OP
Will Victron be able to see it all?

See what?

Open advanced, go to widgets(top right of the screen) chose what widgets you want displayed for each individual component.
(it will give you the total widgets for each device to chose from)

That is where the real magic of the Victron VRM is :)

No, the real magic is in Node Red ;) If the above was directed to me I already have loads of widgets setup - you can take a look via the link below in my signature.

Here's the VRM with % remaining, and time to go, time to go is based on the last three minutes use, but you can alter that 3 minutes to what you want.

VRM-with-time-remaining.jpg

Here's something I've playing with in Node Red, Node Red uses Java script, which unfortunately I've never programmed with, so I need to learn it.

The titles at the top for the panels are not correct, its very much a work in progress.

Node Red runs on the Cerbo GX, which is the heart of the Victron system, and what I'll need to use to setup scheduled discharging.

Node-Red.jpg

Soldato
OP
@Ron-ski .. so all in all what was the cost if i may ask ? how much saved on an installed system ? thx

I've not added up the complete costs yet, and I'm hoping the spreadsheet has some errors in it as it's rather high, and I haven't had the invoice from the electrician either.
Sorry I mean will it see your entire solar estate giving you one place to run pvoutput from for combined stats?

Yes , it can see the entire PV, if you look on the advance tab in the VRM there are two graph's, one show each individual string, the other the total generation.

SBo

SBo

Associate
This is great, well done. Would love to see more photos when ready.
The new consumer unit that has appeared on the left(looks like its tails dropping down in the trunking), is that just for your garage?
And the new earth cabling running left, off to a spike?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The new consumer unit is just for the garage, the existing fuse box dated from cira 1974 :D

The earth cable running left is to a spike, this is solely for when running off grid, the inverter will switch to this if the grid fails. This is the only bit I'm not keen on, it could have been installed nearer to the other stuff, then the spike/cabling outside would be less visible.

What would you like to see pictures of?

We might require the addition of a 100a MCB, in theory the inverter can pass through 100a and add an additional 34a/8kw which would exceed the cabling and rating of the CU.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
No, the real magic is in Node Red ;) If the above was directed to me I already have loads of widgets setup - you can take a look via the link below in my signature.

Here's the VRM with % remaining, and time to go, time to go is based on the last three minutes use, but you can alter that 3 minutes to what you want.

Here's something I've playing with in Node Red, Node Red uses Java script, which unfortunately I've never programmed with, so I need to learn it.

Well done mate what a great project you have installed. I myself was tinkering on the stats and node red, scripts, automations etc. so please share as you continue. One of my next gadgets is to ct measure the import only energy and get more or less a live, logged graphing.

Soldato
Well done mate what a great project you have installed. I myself was tinkering on the stats and node red, scripts, automations etc. so please share as you continue. One of my next gadgets is to ct measure the import only energy and get more or less a live, logged graphing.

Can i ask what yuo may use to do that?? as i want the same sort of monitoring, but not sure what to use....

At the moment i am using an efergy sensor, transmitter and monitor....but its not online data and there's no way of getting that data from the monitor ( unless you buy the home hub) which is not in stock currently anywhere lol

Are you with Octopus by any chance?
Their mini will record incoming and is basically real time. Might give you enough info

Back
Top Bottom