Rooney asks to leave, Utd say not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird, this forum is the only place I find Manu fans that don't like Carrick. Most United fans I know in real life always sing his praises and how under rated his is. I too think he's under rated. He's just involved with an average midfield on the whole.

True, a lot of people live in a world where players don't have weaknesses. In fact Carrick is probably the perfect midfielder.

I've said he has strengths and weaknesses, this is crazy talk

I didn't say he was terrible, I said he was terrible when pressed, we've seen it time and time and again but clearly I must be mistaken and our midfield is in fact fantastic.

I'm gonna throw a slightly oddball suggestion out there - Rooney to Barca?

He's been linked to Bayern but I don't see him getting in their team. Whereas if rumours are to be believed Villa could be seeking a move away from Barca. I think Rooney could be an adequate replacement and he is a known admirer of them (standing up to applaud them when watching on TV etc). I think they could do with a striker to take some of the burden off Messi and his creativity would fit well with their style of play.

PSG makes sense in money terms I guess, one of the few teams who can afford his wages.

I'd take Rooney at Arsenal and I wouldn't rule out him being open to the suggestion based on previous comments, however I think the chances are MU wouldn't sell to us and his wages would be prohibitive.

Bayern won't buy Rooney they aren't stupid. And if they byy lewandowski its 100% not happening.
With Götze already gone to Bayern for €37M Dortmund don't really need to sell, and surely they would strenuously resist decimation of their competitive squad? Moot point anyway, I can't imagine Bayern would buy Rooney under any circumstances.

With Götze already gone to Bayern for €37M Dortmund don't really need to sell, and surely they would strenuously resist decimation of their competitive squad? Moot point anyway, I can't imagine Bayern would buy Rooney under any circumstances.

Bayern won't buy Rooney they aren't stupid. And if they byy lewandowski its 100% not happening.

I'm pretty sure lewands contract is up next season so they might have to cash in.

He's supposedly got the same type of clause which essentially means match the price the selling club has ZERO input on if the player is being sold. Dortmund were basically told Gotze is going to Bayern, they didn't offer and Dortmund accepted, same will happen with Lewandowski, where to though, who knows. So it does't matter if Dortmund want to sell, it matters if he wants to leave. No one seems to have suggested that its possible he might want to stay at a top club with a top manager on good wages potentially having just won the CL....

Utd would only buy him if they sold Rooney, which they should. On that I can't see Rooney going anywhere but somewhere like PSG, which in terms of PR they can have a couple english popular players to make a lot of fans take note of whats going on at PSG....

Basically I see Rooney wanting a huge contract somewhere, he's simply not the best striker in the world, nor close, and I can't see a genuinely top class club deciding to spend huge on a player like Rooney nor wanting to give him stupid wages. Maybe I'm wrong and Rooney would sign for a huge club for a 150k a week contract and happy to fight for his place, but I can't see that being the case.

PSG is closer and not quite as "sell out" style as going straight for a huge contract in the US or Qatar or somewhere stupid.

Hmm, Rooney/Zlatan swap? Only big league he's got left to try isn't it ;)

Real are a possibility, not because he's good enough for them to build an offence around, but because Real have a history of going for big names from around the planet for marketing/pr/sponsorship purposes, with how good the player is not always the highest priority.

with the real madrid election coming up them buying rooney wouldn't be to far fetched

To be honest, I doubt it, he's loved in England and by English (well Utd) fans, I can't see Spanish sides looking at Rooney and thinking "wow, I'd kill to have him". For PR/media/sponsorship purposes of having a big name England player, I can see them wanting him, to win an election you're talking about buying the latest star, top goal scorer, or tricky winger/play maker, an Isco, even Tevez, or, Lewandowski. Rooney and big name in terms or world football and latest player all the Real fans want them to buy.... not even close.

I would say he's the Benzema to the big name signings of Kaka and Ronaldo... buying Ronaldo was huge, if Benzema was the election signing promise.... lol.

Last edited:
As much as I dislike Rooney I do find your nonsensical view of him utterly embarrassing. Saying Real wouldn't be interested in him yet they would Tevez (because YOU rate him) is laughable.

FYI Tevez has scored in 52% of his games over the last 4 years and Rooney has scored in 62% of his. Are you able to work out who has the better strike rate of the two based on that STAT or are your blinkers firmly set to stun?

As much as I dislike Rooney I do find your nonsensical view of him utterly embarrassing. Saying Real wouldn't be interested in him yet they would Tevez (because YOU rate him) is laughable.

FYI Tevez has scored in 52% of his games over the last 4 years and Rooney has scored in 62% of his. Are you able to work out who has the better strike rate of the two based on that STAT or are your blinkers firmly set to stun?

Tevez played the majority of the past four years as an wide player, rarely starting upfront on his own, in a team with multiple top strikers, and missed most of one season, while being dropped multiple times by a nitwit manager. Rooney has mostly played as striker, only really this season playing not as a central striker most of the time, and for the previous three seasons as the main striker at the club without the likes of Aguero or Dzeko around him. This year Rooney has scored far less with a top striker ahead of him at the club.

I didn't say Tevez was A BETTER STRIKER, anywhere, so who has the better strike rate, who cares, I believe Tevez is the better player. How many times do you see Tevez pick up a ball, run at a defence do players and score a spectacular goal, quite often, Rooney, not much at all anymore.

Tevez I've seen score some amazing goals out of nothing in the past 4 years, Rooney very rarely does anymore, his volleys from miles out have long since disappeared. Tevez can get the ball and fight past several players and score an amazing goal, Rooney isn't really that player any more at all. Tevez is an exciting to watch south american... also known as Spanish team fish bate, Rooney is a classless English lout who shag's granny's, pee's in the street... but you think because he has a slightly better strike rate(by some pokey not entirely believable stat*), that Rooney is the better player and a top class Spanish club would choose him over Rooney.... okay, sure.

Its a well known fact that Spanish clubs go all out to sign English players allll the time, while they really dislike the south americans, particularly Brazillians and Argentinians, no really.

*which ignores that he missed most of a whole season, is generally subbed more often and he's often subbed earlier, for instance Rooney is mostly subbed after 75, never before 70, Tevez subbed more and multiple times before 70 mins, thats a result of Dzeko and a huge strong squad on the bench, and Mancini not liking him. As such a player who plays less minutes, has less form, is less favoured by the boss, and is used less as the main striker SHOULD have a lower strike rate, which makes the stat on its own without thinking about any of that, utterly worthless.

I still have DM on ignore from years ago but Pigeons post made me click :/

Strange how all the RM players were talking about how it was Rooney and not RvP they feared before the CL games, the Spanish press were going mad over him about how he was a gifted bull who would run through Madrids defence.

Again DM you have surpassed yourself with your uttered blinkered view on football, I love how you write as if you cannot be wrong and that you're the font of all knowledge, when you literally do not have a clue most of the time.

Rooney, when he's playing well, is far far far better than DM makes out. Far better.

Unfortunately his fitness seems fairly 'strange'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom