• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 2080 Ti delay when i pre-ordered on day of announcement from OC UK!

Associate
Thanks Gibbo, I appreciate the reply. It's clear that what UK stock is tiny. It's only a handful of cards and it seems they were bought from international resellers that I wouldn't want to try to deal with in the event of an RMA. Not sure I'd want to swap to a Gigabyte for the same MSI launch price I paid, but it's good to have the option. :)

Associate
Pretty much yes and when stock does enter the UK it seems to be really crazy small volumes, make no sense, Asus and Gigabyte are shipping much greater volume.

Either MSI don't like OcUK or they don't like the UK full stop as we've had ZERO MSI 2080Ti stock and from what I can tell the rest of the UK has had little to none but seems they are giving other regions stock. I guess MSI do not share stock fairly or send the stock to where there is the demand, whereas the other board partners seem a lot more switched on and send the stock to where it has sold well and can sell well.

MSI has different management now in the UK to previous years, its simply not as supportive of OcUK or the UK in general it seems. :(

As its also very odd why MSI even seem to have very little 2080, yet every other board partner can supply us triple digits, yet I see MSI 2080 is pretty much out of stock everywhere in the UK but in stock in other regions. Kind of sucks really!

I shall speak to Gigabyte, maybe they can send us additional 2080Ti stock at a reduced price to give the option to our pre-ordered MSI customers a Gigabyte card at same price as they paid for the MSI, I shall ask as Gigabyte are seeing me later today.

Could you include me into that? I'm waiting for the OCUK blower card but any reference card with the OC tag (denoting the binned gpu's I guess) would be awesome.

Soldato
Pity msi suck was looking forward to gettin my card but now my hopes are fading for a duke good man gibbo on the ball as usal so looking s like I’ll be gettin a gigabyte if they can do me the same wot I paid for my duke.....

Caporegime
Nvidia have let them self’s down I think no stock anywhere .

Theres plenty in stock, those who are moaning about having months and months to wait, as they keep getting their delivery dates pushed back and back and back, only have themselves to blame! :D

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-070-in.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-04b-pl.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1a0-gi.html

Associate
hello - is there any news on the cheaper Gigabyte 2080ti windforce cards please? I have had one on order for a while i am unsure of whether the stock is trickling in or if there has been little at all.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Pretty much yes and when stock does enter the UK it seems to be really crazy small volumes, make no sense, Asus and Gigabyte are shipping much greater volume.

Either MSI don't like OcUK or they don't like the UK full stop as we've had ZERO MSI 2080Ti stock and from what I can tell the rest of the UK has had little to none but seems they are giving other regions stock. I guess MSI do not share stock fairly or send the stock to where there is the demand, whereas the other board partners seem a lot more switched on and send the stock to where it has sold well and can sell well.

MSI has different management now in the UK to previous years, its simply not as supportive of OcUK or the UK in general it seems. :(

As its also very odd why MSI even seem to have very little 2080, yet every other board partner can supply us triple digits, yet I see MSI 2080 is pretty much out of stock everywhere in the UK but in stock in other regions. Kind of sucks really!

I shall speak to Gigabyte, maybe they can send us additional 2080Ti stock at a reduced price to give the option to our pre-ordered MSI customers a Gigabyte card at same price as they paid for the MSI, I shall ask as Gigabyte are seeing me later today.
Hi Gibbo,

I really appreciate you taking the initiative.

If Gigabyte decides it's a go, i would be happy to receive a Gigabyte card instead. (Or from any brand for that matter, besides blower cards and anything at all from Inno3D.)

If this is done, i'll be sure to personally write a letter to OC UK for your initiative and response and also leave a review on Trust pilot.

Soldato
Hi Gibbo,

I really appreciate you taking the initiative.

If Gigabyte decides it's a go, i would be happy to receive a Gigabyte card instead. (Or from any brand for that matter, besides blower cards and anything at all from Inno3D.)

If this is done, i'll be sure to personally write a letter to OC UK for your initiative and response and also leave a review on Trust pilot.

Fwiw I think he said it's not a go on another thread (the Aorus thread)

Associate
I got mine swapped over to the Aorus card can’t wait any longer can’t wait now ..

I've just done the same because the Aorus 1080Ti was a decent product by all accounts and I'm sick of the lack of information from MSI. MSI only have themselves to blame for this.

Hopefully Gibbo can use this thread as a stick to beat their UK distributor with!

OcUK Staff
I cancelled my MSI Duke order and went the Aorus extreme 2080ti cost an extra 40 quid but buy the looks of it it’s worth it .....

I think its fair to say the Aorus cards are certainly a superior product.
If it was my money and I was buy a 2080Ti then I'd buy the Aorus Extreme.

I am speaking with Galax about maybe bringing HOF to UK market as we've done in past as those are normally insane cards

Back
Top Bottom