• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Soldato
Should eventually relieve some pressure on the demand from miners.
dont get me wrong, mining demand has definitely added to the stock issues we seen on our shorelines. but the recent prices on nvidia LHR cards, crappy AMD low end stuff, etc isnt really mining related.

miners dont want inefficient cards (certain not in this country) cos electricity cost is going through the roof atm. but these crazy prices persist. if it is not retailer gouging then it is somewhere down the supply chain is gouging.

there is so much gouging at every level of the supply chain, it has created this huge resell (scalper) market, where resellers are able to get cards from a certain retail outlet at prices that they can sell on for a decent margin and yet still be lower than UK retailers' pricing.

market places are full of new seal GPUs at prices that beat OCUK's sometimes by £100 quid or more. OCUK isnt the only retailer that is charging high prices, almost across the board every tech store in UK is similar. this sort of gouging is really what hurts sales tbh.

Associate
That's no evidence.
3070 has LHR and non-LHR and it's the same chip. LHR is most likely some fuses blown or even a lookup to an encrypted key on the card's BIOS.

There is no evidence yet, but pretty much any new card has it.

Just they don't advertise it like they did with 70/80ti

Soldato
Hi there will the 3050 match the 2060 ?

5-10% percent slower going by the few nvidia benchmarks.

Yup, for sure slower, but it's going to make up the difference in RTX scenarios (just like the 3070 does vs the 2080 Ti), which is not that out of the question tbh, because the 2060 does quite alright. This is a great channel on 2060 performance (f.ex.):

Associate
5-10% percent slower going by the few nvidia benchmarks.

Just comparing the benchmarks and it looks like it matches the 2060 for the most part ! Nearly x2 a 1650. Obviously impossible to know what settings NV used to get the numbers though :/

If they're available near MSRP i'll be having one thankyou please.

Caporegime
Just comparing the benchmarks and it looks like it matches the 2060 for the most part ! Nearly x2 a 1650. Obviously impossible to know what settings NV used to get the numbers though :/

If they're available near MSRP i'll be having one thankyou please.

Yeh based on Nvidia's slides and the specs i expect it to be about 1660 super/2060 performance or thereabouts.

Caporegime
about as fast as a 980ti then :p

no wonder I'm still using one...pc components are mental, hardly any games pushing graphics anyway.

Associate
about as fast as a 980ti then :p

no wonder I'm still using one...pc components are mental, hardly any games pushing graphics anyway.

No, it may be a worth while upgrade. I'm looking to upgrade missus (previously my) GTX970 and it looks - on paper.. at MSRP - to be worth it. MSRP is stilll too high but iin current climate can't complain too much.

My 970 cost me £180 just before 10 series launch.. £250 for a 50 class card is a ram rod where then sun don't shine. It gut's me that AMD are following suit, praying Intel are going to be our saviour.. praying a corporation is going to be our saviour from another corperation.. ha :confused:

Caporegime
and with 8GB and 128 bit bus more of a realistic proposition compared to AMD`s 6500 which is just a P***Take The only question now is will we see rip off pricing.

Yeh, i mean its a decent enough card by the looks of things. Still too expensive RRP wise in terms of what it ofyfers over what has come before. Should be more like £179 ish, not £239.

Back
Top Bottom