• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 3080 lower quality capacitor Issue

Well looking at the boot tables before and after using GPU-z my card is flat out boosting less with the new driver.
Dies not matter if it boost less have you compared avg boost thats where performance is. Seen benchmarks and fps wassame on someones system in 4 titles so pop us some numbers not just BOOSTS LOWER..

The driver does lower performance though. It 100% has for me all be it slightly but I wasn't having issues either..

3080-drivers.png

The the benchmarks ive run back to back as I don't have ways of testing games have all scored lower on the new driver..
I'm not bothered about it as I can just clock the card back up to where it was and I suspect speed will come from future driver improvements anyway.

Well looking at the boot tables before and after using GPU-z my card is flat out boosting less with the new driver.
Less clocks doesn't mean less performance. Clock rate constantly spiking and dropping (and crashing) isn't better performance wise than just a stable clock rate that on average is less than it was before.

Less clocks doesn't mean less performance. Clock rate constantly spiking and dropping (and crashing) isn't better performance wise than just a stable clock rate that on average is less than it was before.

Thing is mine was perfectly and not spiking. In Cod with a locked 165fps my card sat 2025mhz for hours solid (not had a single CTD) and with this new driver its 2000mhz dead. I will just flash the bios when I can with a higher offset and higher TDP anyway when the tools become available.

Thing is mine was perfectly and not spiking. In Cod with a locked 165fps my card sat 2025mhz for hours solid (not had a single CTD) and with this new driver its 2000mhz dead. I will just flash the bios when I can with a higher offset and higher TDP anyway when the tools become available.
How many FPS u can get with not locking your FPS to 165?

Roll back to previous driver ?

What broken on drivers nit had crash on em for ages oO orturding got problems? Even hacked drivers to run passive 3d monitor as nvision one and worked

They've been throwing out 'hotfix' drivers like confetti for months and months now.

Everytime a new drivers released, its a wait for ther 'hotfix', as they're broken, and sure enough, the hotfix comes.

Will be another one along shortly, for this driver.

Last edited:
LOL some digs in there.

His excuses for not disclosing would have some leeway if he only had 1 GPU, but he had multiple, if they were all crashing, ok could be driver, could be his pc, but only one was crashing which meant in my opinion he should have disclosed. Although it was a driver fix, I consider it a manufacturing issue that happened to be fixable by a driver rather than a driver bug.

I think he's just a bit of a fool personally. I don't think he's a shill... just a raging fanboy who fails at holding an objective viewpoint. He also posts on Twitter before he thinks about what he's saying, which doesn't help. I don't watch Jay for an unbiased opinion as there are far better channels for that. Hardware Unboxed and Gamers Nexus do have things mostly covered... though GN does seem to get caught up on certain things sometimes (at least his hangups seems to be vendor agnostic!).

They are all shills to a degree, some worse than others, on a GN live o/c stream nvidia rang him during the stream and he had partners contacting him as well, you can tell when watching it he absolutely loves been part of that circle, having inside access and so forth, and it isnt just GN, they all do.

Every so often, I see a reviewer having been cut off from a manufacturer for whatever reason, then buy a product to review and give it a terrible review, I have seen this enough times for it to be mere coincidence. (smartphones, and other types of products not just PC). I call it "revenge review".

Jay for sure has a nice relationship with EVGA which I expect makes him a poor bet to trust on reviewing anything EVGA, and he seems to be pro Nvidia in general.

Industry needs someone to come into it reviewing just retail parts, not subject to review guides and so forth, with no connection to the industry.

Roll back to previous driver ?

They've been throwing out 'hotfix' drivers like confetti for months and months now.

Everytime a new drivers released, its a wait for ther 'hotfix', as they're broken, and sure enough, the hotfix comes.

Will be another one along shortly, for this driver.

Generally game ready drivers are "bad" always only ever use hotfix drivers.

Gameready = beta
Hotfix = Stable

Is my rule of thumb.

just roll back driver if you dont like new driver
Regarding that some people cancelled their orders. Its ridiculous if they blame someone else. They can blame only themself. You cant make decision based on rumour without further evidence.It was clear that case will be resolved soon. If it was proven that cards are faulty they can return them or get replacement

Last edited:
To be fair if you're making a big deal about losing 15Hz from 2000 to 1985 anyway then you're just being pedantic. Also I haven't seen any actual evidence of cards performing worse with the new Driver so until then its speculation. Lower clocks isn't lower performance, show benchmarks like everyone else.

To be fair if you're making a big deal about losing 15Hz from 2000 to 1985 anyway then you're just being pedantic. Also I haven't seen any actual evidence of cards performing worse with the new Driver so until then its speculation. Lower clocks isn't lower performance, show benchmarks like everyone else.
im staying with new driver . didnt have problem with previous neither with new one

They are all shills to a degree, some worse than others, on a GN live o/c stream nvidia rang him during the stream and he had partners contacting him as well, you can tell when watching it he absolutely loves been part of that circle, having inside access and so forth, and it isnt just GN, they all do.

Every so often, I see a reviewer having been cut off from a manufacturer for whatever reason, then buy a product to review and give it a terrible review, I have seen this enough times for it to be mere coincidence. (smartphones, and other types of products not just PC). I call it "revenge review".

Jay for sure has a nice relationship with EVGA which I expect makes him a poor bet to trust on reviewing anything EVGA, and he seems to be pro Nvidia in general.

Industry needs someone to come into it reviewing just retail parts, not subject to review guides and so forth, with no connection to the industry.

I get where you are coming from but I don't believe having that sort of relationship with a vendor necessarily makes someone a shill. It's just another thing to keep in mind as once someone develops a relationship with the vendor, and the contacts that they have there, then some of that objectivity may be gone. It's going to have some effect on a person, even if it's small. With regards to GN, that Steve does it so openly on streams isn't a negative for me, it's just another thing that is out in the open and I can then take onboard when it comes to making my own conclusions. The opinions they give are subjective and should always be treated as such, a cards performance and features are objective and should be weighted as to how much they matter to a person.

I don't know why people get so personal or wound up about the hardware. I must admit to frustration about how the actual companies behave though :D.

That's not a practical solution. Drivers build upon the previous one, you'd have to never upgrade your driver again.

If the driver you're on though, is working fine without any issues, why update.

You see it all the time, 'rolled back to the previous drivers, which i never had any problems with, worked fine, because these ones are causing this, that etc.....'

Im still on the 446.14s, because no problems.

If the driver you're on though, is working fine without any issues, why update.

New features, performance improvements for new game releases and miscellaneous bug fixes.

A game performance driver can turn a game from a stuttering mess to playable. There's also a bunch of new features that have been added over the past year, like adaptive power, fast sync, sharpening etc. Plus I've had a number of long persisting bugs resolved over the last few months.

Back
Top Bottom