• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 3080 lower quality capacitor Issue

Haven't watched it yet as it's a buildzoid 45 min special but looks interesting.

Its up to Buildzoid's usual standard. Its amazing how he makes 40 minutes of rambling about capacitors so enjoyable to watch. He has nowhere near as many subscribers as he should.

i think that makes him better at lest ya know its not scripted and legit opinion :)

Yeah it does. When he gets 20 mins into a video, makes a mistake and says this is the 3rd take and he's not starting all over again, again lol

Its up to Buildzoid's usual standard. Its amazing how he makes 40 minutes of rambling about capacitors so enjoyable to watch. He has nowhere near as many subscribers as he should.

His videos are far too technical for most people that's why the subscription numbers are lower than other tech channels - he feels a niche that is needed but the market is much smaller vs the mainstream channels

His videos are far too technical for most people that's why the subscription numbers are lower than other tech channels - he feels a niche that is needed but the market is much smaller vs the mainstream channels

I'll be honest and admit a lot of what he says does go over my head, although I've learnt a lot watching his channel. There is something very compelling about his style of communicating though.

Haven't been following him for long, only a few weeks, but wow. Just a YouTube glory guy after the ratings I assume. Feel sorry for those that cancelled their order based on all this. I for one didn't, and got my 3080 from OC UK last week and love it :)

Haven't been following him for long, only a few weeks, but wow. Just a YouTube glory guy after the ratings I assume. Feel sorry for those that cancelled their order based on all this. I for one didn't, and got my 3080 from OC UK last week and love it :)

I think he's just a bit of a fool personally. I don't think he's a shill... just a raging fanboy who fails at holding an objective viewpoint. He also posts on Twitter before he thinks about what he's saying, which doesn't help. I don't watch Jay for an unbiased opinion as there are far better channels for that. Hardware Unboxed and Gamers Nexus do have things mostly covered... though GN does seem to get caught up on certain things sometimes (at least his hangups seems to be vendor agnostic!).

Just highlighting the problem of youtube / viewer numbers. No proper evaluation and research. Just be first to get a video out and create some drama for the juicy clicks. What a farce lol. Excellent video from Hardware unboxed in comparison!

Hes right in that video as well, about the flak AMD got for broken drivers, yet Nvidias have been broken for months and months now, and not one of them (including them), has put up a, Nvdia, fix your broken drivers video, can't recommend your cards until you do etc....

The driver does lower performance though. It 100% has for me all be it slightly but I wasn't having issues either..
By all means run some benchmarks using each driver and upload the results. Include your system build details and the card you're using. The more data we can gather the better. Seems like the majority are reporting near identical if not better performnce and clocks but you're right there are users like yourself reporting the opposite. Would be interesting to see if it can be narrowed down to something specific.

But just like with crashing issue some users weren't affected and some were, silicon lottery maybe? hard to tell without more comprehensive testing.

Hes right in that video as well, about the flak AMD got for broken drivers, yet Nvidias have been broken for months and months now, and not one of them (including them), has put up a, Nvdia, fix your broken drivers video, can't recommend your cards until you do etc....
What broken on drivers nit had crash on em for ages oO orturding got problems? Even hacked drivers to run passive 3d monitor as nvision one and worked

Back
Top Bottom