• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 Very low 1% lows

Associate
Hi everyone,

Anybody got any ideas how to fix this please? My max FPS are great It's my 1% lows that go down to 6FPS on times making my games stutter like mad I've just done a reinstall of windows and on the latest chipset/Video/audio drivers

It's the same if I play at 1080p/1440p/2160p

My Specs are

5800x
16gb ram
Gigabyte X570
MSI RTX 4070
Samsung 980 pro NVME
Corsair 850w Gold

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Have you monitored temps/clock speeds to see if anything is throttling when the stutters happen?

Which games?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi everyone,

Anybody got any ideas how to fix this please? My max FPS are great It's my 1% lows that go down to 6FPS on times making my games stutter like mad I've just done a reinstall of windows and on the latest chipset/Video/audio drivers

It's the same if I play at 1080p/1440p/2160p

My Specs are

5800x
16gb ram
Gigabyte X570
MSI RTX 4070
Samsung 980 pro NVME
Corsair 850w Gold

Thanks.
Are you running any 3rd party utilities or software next to your games? could be anything from interfaces for your mouse/keyboard to something entirely different.

Associate
OP
Are you running any 3rd party utilities or software next to your games? could be anything from interfaces for your mouse/keyboard to something entirely different.
Nothing at all only running Steam for may games with no overlays only Frame view also tried MSi afterburner just to monitor usage. I.ve been noticing Stuttering on desktop while moving windows around or opening something now and then but not as much as in game. This happens on Win11 and Win10 fresh installs with everything up to date driver wise

Soldato
These are definitely 1% lows rather than 0.1% lows?

In MSI afterburner, track all the stats. When you get these stutters, check what is happening to GPU, CPU and memory clocks.

Also is this a new system? If not, what has changed?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
These are definitely 1% lows rather than 0.1% lows?

In MSI afterburner, track all the stats. When you get these stutters, check what is happening to GPU, CPU and memory clocks.

Also is this a new system? If not, what has changed?
Had the the system for about 1 year same specs apart from GPU which was a GTX 1660ti upgraded to the RTX 4070 because I was having the same issues with my old card thinking it will solve the problem going to the 4070 but still same issue, Yeah it's the 1% lows not 0.1%?

Soldato
Had the the system for about 1 year same specs apart from GPU which was a GTX 1660ti upgraded to the RTX 4070 because I was having the same issues with my old card thinking it will solve the problem going to the 4070 but still same issue, Yeah it's the 1% lows not 0.1%?

Make sure you have latest chipset drivers and manually download the latest audio driver.

This is likely caused by a misbehaving device, you'll need to find it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing at all only running Steam for may games with no overlays only Frame view also tried MSi afterburner just to monitor usage. I've been noticing Stuttering on desktop while moving windows around or opening something now and then but not as much as in game. This happens on Win11 and Win10 fresh installs with everything up to date driver wise
Ahh yes, I've had that problem myself. My gigabyte boards have had a tendency every 4-6 months to go a bit ape and the solution for me has been to reflash the bios even if it's the same bios going on the board(once it was enough to load defaults). Not saying it's the same for you but this ain't a windows problem since you've tried both fresh win11 and win10. Outside of this I would perhaps make sure everything is mounted correctly, not loose but not over tightened.

Last edited:
Soldato
install GeForce experience and let it optimize games for you just incase you have some random setting all cocked up,

But TBF things like this in my experience are not GPU related but down to other hardwear stuttering. for me normally CPU related
if you have any OC or undervolt remover it.
if you have been playing with ram timings / speed... reset it.

Soldato
i would have a look at the firmware version on the ssd you have and also have a look at your bios version, you mention that your old setup had similar problems, were you using the 980 pro ssd back then?.

Kinda a long shot but it could be a faulty ssd, when the 980's first came out there were reports of laggy/stuttering behaviour in windows and games and it was found to be a faulty batch of ssd's from samsung were to blame, a firmare upadate was released and it was highly recommended to install asap, the drives that were affected were the 2tb versions but lower capacity were also impacted, if your drive has firmare verison 3B2QGXA7, you need to update, download a program called samasung magician, within in this program you can check firmare versions and update if outdated.

Back
Top Bottom