• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 Very low 1% lows

All the time. It's starting to happen on desktop as well, when i start windows up or just open an app like steam or windows explorer the mouse pointer lags and stutters

Something sounds very wrong here. There should be something not performing correctly when monitoring.

Only thing that’s running in the background is steam and NZXT Cam to control my pump because my bios won’t adjust my pump speed from silent mode for some reason

Only thing that’s running in the background is steam and NZXT Cam to control my pump because my bios won’t adjust my pump speed from silent mode for some reason

dunno if thats anything to do with it but..

and

So yea could be the cam stuff, if i were u id check the mb see if pump is in the right port for pump then if not switching it over might let u control the pump in bios or mb software control centre if it has one. Or find a diff app to control it, maybe mb ppl or pump maker can recommend a alternative if someone here cant help u find one.

Last edited:
I've uninstalled Cam software and plugged the AIO into the CPU_OPT which is meant for the water cooling pump but it still won't allow me to change the speed of the pump from 800/900 RPM. the only ones that will allow me to change is the system fans that my RAD fans are connected to. Shall I use one of the system fan headers for the pump and see if it lets me change the speed?

I've uninstalled Cam software and plugged the AIO into the CPU_OPT which is meant for the water cooling pump but it still won't allow me to change the speed of the pump from 800/900 RPM. the only ones that will allow me to change is the system fans that my RAD fans are connected to. Shall I use one of the system fan headers for the pump and see if it lets me change the speed?

If your motherboard has a CPU fan header and a CPU optional header, leave the pump in the opt header, then using a splitter cable plug both rad fans into the CPU header, if you don't have a splitter just plug one of the fans in for now, fan splitters are very cheap to buy tbh.

when the cpu starts to heat up the fans will respond and ramp up, the pump will be fine at 800-900 as long as the rad fans spin up under load.

Last edited:
I've disabled Cam software and got my pump running at 75% fixed. but I done a render test on GPU-Z and my GPU Drops from PCIe X16 4.0 down to PCIe X16 2.0 could that be the cause? I've also set the PCIe x16 to Gen 4 in bios and it still happens

how many ssd's/hdd's have you got connected, it's probally too many drives taking up pcie lanes, x16 2.0 is way to slow for a 40 series card.

how many ssd's/hdd's have you got connected, it's probally too many drives taking up pcie lanes, x16 2.0 is way to slow for a 40 series card.
I've only got the Samsung drive in the NVME slot above the GPU and a WD_BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 in the bottom slot my motherboard is the Gigabyte X570 GAMING X

Last edited:
I've only got the Samsung drive in the NVME slot above the GPU and a WD_BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 in the bottom slot

the card shouldn't be that slow with only 2 drives sure it will drop back to x16 3.0, but even gen 3 speeds are better than gen 2.0, i'm not sure what could be causing shuch a slow pcie gen speed.

head back in and change the pcie speed in the bios for the gpu to gen 3, , the sn550 is a older ssd so thats will be gen 3 max, the 980 is a gen 4 so keep that as is.

do you have any other cards installed in any pcie slots?, if so take them out and see if the gpu pcie speed increases

the card shouldn't be that slow with only 2 drives sure it will drop back to x16 3.0, but even gen 3 speeds are better than gen 2.0, i'm not sure what could be causing shuch a slow pcie gen speed.

head back in and change the pcie speed in the bios for the gpu to gen 3, , the sn550 is a older ssd so thats will be gen 3 max, the 980 is a gen 4 so keep that as is.

do you have any other cards installed in any pcie slots?, if so take them out and see if the gpu pcie speed increases
When running Heaven it stays at 4.0 speeds here's my results how does it look?

https://ibb.co/7ngnG8k

When running Heaven it stays at 4.0 speeds here's my results how does it look?

https://ibb.co/7ngnG8k

thats score isnt right at all, thats puts you level with a rig rocking a 10900k and a 3080 but thats at 1080p and it beat you with a score of 5458 at 1080p

Last edited:
thats score isnt right at all, thats puts you level with a rig rocking a 10900k and a 3080 but thats at 1080p and it beat you with a score of 5458 at 1080p

Here's my other results how do they look?

Last edited:
they dont look right at all, performance has tailed off a cliff for some reason, the gpu has got a serious bottleneck. cpu's working a treat as minimum fps is tied to cpu in the test.
This was my last run at Fullscreen definitely something wrong not sure what to do. shall I clear my Cmos to see if that helps?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom