• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 Very low 1% lows

Associate
OP
Fair enough, if you can find a decent priced set 2x16gb 3600mhz ddr4 then go for it, however if you swap the CPU and ram and still get the lag problems then it's troubleshooting the PSU as a first step. It seemes a decent unit, but I can't see how old it is?, unless you've said and I missed it
Thinking on getting these What you think? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...c4-28800c16-3600mhz-dual-chann-my-002-8p.html or these https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...pc4-25600c18-3600mhz-dual-chan-my-4d4-cs.html

My PSU is only about 4 months old

Last edited:
Soldato
If I'd had to choose the first link for sure had ripped versions and they were crazy fast and worked a treat with am4, the team group listed has cl16 timings not as fast as the ripped versions but still be a fine choice.

PSU shouldn't be a problem if only 4 months old, can rule that out tbh

Last edited:
Soldato
What frame rates are you running at on average?

Throwing parts at a problem I don't think is the answer. You said you had the problem with a 1660ti, the GPU is the bottleneck there, not the 5800x or 3200mhz memory.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
What frame rates are you running at on average?

Throwing parts at a problem I don't think is the answer. You said you had the problem with a 1660ti, the GPU is the bottleneck there, not the 5800x or 3200mhz memory.
On my 1660ti the max and average fps were a lot lower compared to my 4070 but my 1% lows were better on the 1660ti with no stutters, on the 4070 my 1% lows hit around 6/15 every 20 seconds ish?

Soldato
On my 1660ti the max and average fps were a lot lower compared to my 4070 but my 1% lows were better on the 1660ti with no stutters, on the 4070 my 1% lows hit around 6/15 every 20 seconds ish?

have you enabled high performance mode within the nvidia control panel, its a weird issue tbh, 1080 to 1440p gaming should be solid, only 4k would you start to have issues like ram running out if you like to run with max settings in games, i'm a 4k gamer and with 32gb of ddr5 the max i have ever seen was around 25gb and that was in cyberpunk2077, my other games at 4k sit around 14-18gb usage, mind you my gpu has 24gb's of ram to use.

Associate
OP
have you enabled high performance mode within the nvidia control panel, its a weird issue tbh, 1080 to 1440p gaming should be solid, only 4k would you start to have issues like ram running out if you like to run with max settings in games, i'm a 4k gamer and with 32gb of ddr5 the max i have ever seen was around 25gb and that was in cyberpunk2077, my other games at 4k sit around 14-18gb usage, mind you my gpu has 24gb's of ram to use.
I've set my games in Nvidia panel to prefer maximum performance for power management mode and high performance mode for texture filtering mode also tried windows high performance mode and Balanced mode but no joy

Associate
OP
Is ur gpu on a riser cable?
is ur ram 1 stick of 16gb or 2x 8gb sticks?
did u ddu clean ur drivers?
Not using riser cable. My ram is 2x 8gb sticks, I done a fresh install of windows a few times with new drivers I even did DDU a few times trying different drivers to see if it was a driver issue but no joy, I've got a felling it may be my CPU. My bios is set to default only thing i changed is PBO to disable and set my XMP on is there anything else you can think of I should do in bios for my CPU?

Thanks for helping.

Soldato
If you can and have the option enable ultimate performance mode in power settings via control panel.

And if any of your games support frame gen, for now turn this feature off and see if the lag issues stops.

Just been looking around and it could be malware, when idle in windows bring up taskmanager and click performance and find your dedicated gpu (4070) keep an eye on its usage if its above say 25% even at idle there is a problem, you can also look at cpu and ram, if they seem high at idle again theres something up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you want to provide an example of what is poor 1% lows for you? Give an example canned benchmark. SoTR or an Assasins Creed game would be good. I can also do Cyberpunk, HZD, LoU, Hitman 3 , Control, Death Stranding etc.

I can try do a like for like comparison.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Do you want to provide an example of what is poor 1% lows for you? Give an example canned benchmark. SoTR or an Assasins Creed game would be good. I can also do Cyberpunk, HZD, LoU, Hitman 3 , Control, Death Stranding etc.

I can try do a like for like comparison.
On BF5 my 0.1% lows are 2 fps and 1% lows are anywhere between 6/15 ish fps but my max fps is around 200 fps as soon as the dips start to happen that's when i get bad stuttering same goes for hell let loose and bf2042

Soldato
On BF5 my 0.1% lows are 2 fps and 1% lows are anywhere between 6/15 ish fps but my max fps is around 200 fps as soon as the dips start to happen that's when i get bad stuttering same goes for hell let loose and bf2042

so what are 0.1% lows like in hell let loose and 2042 out of intrest?, bf5 has always been a problem child, reason i stopped playing it, if that and your other games have dx12 render in the settings and try again.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
so what are 0.1% lows like in hell let loose and 2042 out of intrest?, bf5 has always been a problem child, reason i stopped playing it, if that and your other games have dx12 render in the settings and try again.
BF2042 is Not far off the same as BF5 but hell let loose In dx11 only uses 30% of my gpu with very low fps and running the game in dx12 uses more gpu power but its really stuttery same goes for BF5 dx12 mode it stutters like mad

Back
Top Bottom