• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 4070 Very low 1% lows

This was my last run at Fullscreen definitely something wrong not sure what to do. shall I clear my Cmos to see if that helps?

i would head into the bios and under pcie link control, set the gpu and the second m.2 to gen 3 and leave the 980 at gen 4, see what happens

Keep in mind the GPU-Z render test doesn't apply much load. I think I'd monitor PCI-E lanes whilst running something proper to check.

I also get this windows bug you are talking about with a very similar setup. My rig is 5800x, 980pro m.2, 16gb 3200 ram. My games run fine though on a 7900xt but in windows now and again my mouse pointer will go very laggy and what fixed it was swapping my wireless dongle to a new usb. It's not happened again since i did this and only started happening after the latest windows update. So try moving your mouse to a different usb slot to see if that helps in windows. This probably won't help your games but may solve the laggy pointer in windows. My mouse is a Logitech G512 Lightspeed wireless.

Last edited:
pci link speed of the 4070 is very very low 2344mbs is the effective pcie lane speed, bus interface also at 4%, and 3d was at 31.4% is this idle or when in game

also your m.2's seem very low too, temps are good but a 980 running at 1028mbs and the s550 only at 324mbs something is seroiusly wrong, it pointing to the motherboard at this point

gpu readouts are all looking good, temps power and clocks.

pci link speed of the 4070 is very very low 2344mbs is the effective pcie lane speed, bus interface also at 4%, and 3d was at 31.4% is this idle or when in game

also your m.2's seem very low too, temps are good but a 980 running at 1028mbs and the s550 only at 324mbs something is seroiusly wrong, it pointing to the motherboard at this point

gpu readouts are all looking good, temps power and clocks
This one was during a game of BF5 with HWI running in the background, It's probably my motherboard causing the issue or the latest Bios version has some problems?

https://ibb.co/DGdY0LW

This one was during a game of BF5 with HWI running in the background, It's probably my motherboard causing the issue or the latest Bios version has some problems?

https://ibb.co/DGdY0LW

its good to see your gpu is around 14gb's on the pcie throughput, that would indicate it is running at 16gbps, what was game performance like anymore stutters etc?

which gigabye board do you have exactly? as long as you didnt update to a beta bios you should be ok.

Last edited:
do u have sam enabled btw or whatever it was that works on nvidia cards with amd setups?
When using rebar it was worse for some reason, My max FPS is great on times but when the lows drop down to less than 10 fps it's unplayable with the stutter's and freezes. only thing I can try again is to go back to win10 and hope for the best

This mouse is really old only has a poll rate of 125 on the Logitech MX518 in the software . I've ordered a new mouse that should be here Friday. I tried the games on both drives to check if it might have been the drive but it's the same. I'm hoping the new mouse will fix the issues

Last edited:
16GB of RAM, have you checked to see how much RAM is being used total when in a game via task manager etc? WIndows uses a large chunk of RAM just being idle, it's likely that Windows is managing resources and accounting for your usage habits, so whilst gaming it needs reserve memory to move about. You may well be seeing a situation where the OS has to page to disk (pagefile) which will always lead to stutters as game data has to travel from SSD via the CPU to be processed sent back to the SSD to be stored into the pagefile until it's needed by the game and then travel back through the CPU on its way to the VRAM etc.

HWINFO64 running in the background will monitor how much min/max/average pagefile you are using whilst playing these games with 1% lows.

32GB of system RAM should really be the minimum these days.

Last edited:
16GB of RAM, have you checked to see how much RAM is being used total when in a game via task manager etc? WIndows uses a large chunk of RAM just being idle, it's likely that Windows is managing resources and accounting for your usage habits, so whilst gaming it needs reserve memory to move about. You may well be seeing a situation where the OS has to page to disk (pagefile) which will always lead to stutters as game data has to travel from SSD via the CPU to be processed sent back to the SSD to be stored into the pagefile until it's needed by the game and then travel back through the CPU on its way to the VRAM etc.

HWINFO64 running in the background will monitor how much min/max/average pagefile you are using whilst playing these games with 1% lows.

32GB of system RAM should really be the minimum these days.
While in game it uses around 10ish gigs of total system ram, I am going to order a new set of 32gb 3600mhz ram soon though, I've set my page file to min of 10gb and max of 10gb and I've also just set Nvidia shader cache size to 10gb also to see if that helps

Reactions: mrk
Back
Top Bottom