Poll: Russian Grand Prix 2019, Sochi - Race 16/21

Rate the 2019 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Amazing turn of events when you think about it. Leclerc took poll, Vettel lead the race. One way or another, Ferrari had won. And yet Merc are now winning, with Leclerc just getting a consolation prize and Vettel completely out.

Man of Honour
Amazing turn of events when you think about it. Leclerc took poll, Vettel lead the race. One way or another, Ferrari had won. And yet Merc are now winning, with Leclerc just getting a consolation prize and Vettel completely out.

Crazy. To be fair, if a safety car had come out like this in Singapore, Hamilton again could have won. It worked for Mercedes here. We had a dull phase, and I was about to switch off! I didn’t expect a possible Mercedes 1-2.

The Ferrari drivers are falling out bit by bit.

Soldato
Bottas actually driving well. Leclerc our of drs. Beautifully played by Mercedes.

Got a 1-2 with a bit of luck from vsc hardly beautiful strategy. Feel bad for leclerc hes driven well last two races after brilliant poles and through no fault of his own been robbed of race wins.

Soldato
Got a 1-2 with a bit of luck from vsc hardly beautiful strategy. Feel bad for leclerc hes driven well last two races after brilliant poles and through no fault of his own been robbed of race wins.

Starting on the mediums effectively opened their pit window giving a better chance for a safety car was their strategy though I think. It wasn't worth matching the Ferrari using the softs.

Soldato
Starting on the mediums effectively opened their pit window giving a better chance for a safety car was their strategy though I think. It wasn't worth matching the Ferrari using the softs.

It's a gamble that happened to work but it isn't an effective strategy without luck (hence what happened to Lewis in Singapore and to an extent Leclerc which Merc and Ferrari were crucified for). They got lucky with the VSC timing but it wasn't down to some brilliant strategy.

Back
Top Bottom