Poll: Russian Grand Prix 2019, Sochi - Race 16/21

Rate the 2019 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
It's a gamble that happened to work but it isn't an effective strategy without luck (hence what happened to Lewis in Singapore and to an extent Leclerc). They got lucky with the VSC timing but it wasn't down to some brilliant strategy.

Oh yeah I won't argue its some sort of master stroke but it was the only option they had against the faster Ferrari. If they started soft it would have just been a case of just matching the Ferrari strategy.

Soldato
Pretty much seals the world title for Lewis (cos lets be honest I've got about as much chance of beating him in the title race as Bottas has!) 100+ points clear of Leclerc with 130 left on the table. Would need 4 DNFs now.

Man of Honour
Crofty claiming Mercedes dominated it. Was he watching a different race?

Glad to see Hamilton on the top step but they didn’t win on pace

Got fastest lap though and Leclerc couldn’t get by. Pace helped at the end and they didn’t win on it, but race pace is still there - and with not a single upgrade in months.

Favourite quote of the race - vettel ‘****, bring back the v12s’ :D

Soldato
how? They had a reliability issue that caused a VSC that allowed Mercs to jump them. Absolutely nothing to do with their strategy

By having crap pre-race agreements about giving your team mate (who has a past record of ratting out on such agreements) a slipstream to get ahead of you, who will then just give you the lead back.

Just lol.

**** that, just let them race ffs.

They deserve everything they don't get by behaving like this.

Also my comment alludes to prior races as well.

Associate
Race tv director was useless again didnt see that many of albons 15 overtakes and I'm still not sure what happened to Norris just saw he dropped down a couple of places near the end

Man of Honour
Hamilton is 73 points ahead of Bottas.
107 ahead of Leclec
110 ahead of Verstappen
128 ahead of Vettel

130 points left to get. 5 wins and 5 fastest laps.

Mercedes are 133 points ahead of Ferrari
238 ahead of Red Bull

220 points left. 5 1-2's and 5 fastest laps.

Soldato
Lol Vettel driver of the day? Nothing he did this race impressed me at all. Clean air out front after a planned toe at the start. Pity award maybe?

Sainz gets driver of the day for me, Albon did great too.

Soldato
I'm still amazed at the stupidity of Ferrari, looking at the swap at a stupid time, just do at the pit stops! Then the stupid 2nd stop that threw away a nailed on 2nd place at least.

I don't know why Vettel and others always blame the engines, the V12 was no more reliable and it's not like Ferrari are still down on power, would different engines make the racing any better? No!

Back
Top Bottom