• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 7600XT 16GB Launched.

You can very, very quickly run out of VRAM even at this performance level. Was messing around with CP2077 again after a long hiatus yesterday and game quickly blew past 12 GB (4K (also less, like 3840x 1620-1350 etc.)/FSR 2 on - various quality levels), even with RT off. Now add in a decent texture mod and I can see it will reach near my 16 GB quite comfortably. It's also quite amusing to notice that it can now more freely use ram (when it was quite heavily tuned for near that 10 limit GB) and have better LoDs once Nvidia aren't selling just 8-10 GB cards like during Ampere. Funny how all these sponsored updates work. :cry:

Its nothing new mate at all.

Fallout 4 was released 2015, call it 2016 maybe 2017 by the time all the mods came out etc, I was running it on an EVGA 1070 which has 8gb VRAM (great card that was to be fair), and I am watching the memory use go right up to like 7500mb.

So thats what, 6-7 years ago now?

I mean that aside, 1070 was released in 2016 with 8GB VRAM, that wasnt even a top end card of its day, why on earth even midrange cards are being released with 8GB is beyond me.

I had a 3070, but a long winded reason, covid etc, but honestly that card was a lemon, I am playing Fallout 76 getting huge frame drops from like 140fps down to 80fps check memory use, surprise surprise 100%.

Kinda wished it just replaced the 8gb model for the same price

Same feeling still tbh, if they had no intention of making a faster card just replace the OG and be done with it. I know for now the card runs out of vram before it hits its performance limits but it won't be long before the card hits its performance limit before it runs out of vram.

Same feeling still tbh, if they had no intention of making a faster card just replace the OG and be done with it. I know for now the card runs out of vram before it hits its performance limits but it won't be long before the card hits its performance limit before it runs out of vram.

Texture resolution costs next to nothing is term of performance, but it is the quickest and easiest way to make games look good.

Last edited:
Texture resolution costs next to nothing is term of performance, but it is the quickest and easiest way to make games look good.

True Humbug, might still get one to mess about with when the price drops to something abit more sensible. I would definitely give this a go at £250, just not worth £300+ if thats what it ends up launching at.

On second thoughts according to techpowerup the 7600 is about 10% slower than a 6700 XT so its abit of a trade off here.

Last edited:
On second thoughts according to techpowerup the 7600 is about 10% slower than a 6700 XT so its abit of a trade off here.
If a 7600 is 10% slower than a 6700 XT,just what is the point in the 7600 even existing? It reminds me of when I had a HD5850. I thought I'll upgrade to a HD6850. Turns out the 6850 is slower than the card it's meant to replace! You had to buy a 6950 or 6970 to get any kind of meaningful upgrade! That's when I left PC gaming. And I've never been back. I miss the smooth FPS,but f paying those amounts just for a gfx card.

It's faster than the non-XT 6600, which is all it needs to do.
There are so many GPUs that don't have much point in existing right now, but this is the market we find ourselves in. A sea of ****. Look at the 4060 as another example of horrifically terrible product. If they weren't selling, we wouldn't have this.

It's faster than the non-XT 6600, which is all it needs to do.
There are so many GPUs that don't have much point in existing right now, but this is the market we find ourselves in. A sea of ****. Look at the 4060 as another example of horrifically terrible product. If they weren't selling, we wouldn't have this.
I've honestly been looking at the intel GPUs. I see you have one,are they any good for emulation? I'm particularly interested in the Xbox/GameCube/Dreamcast/PlayStation 2 era.

Last edited:
I actually haven't tried since I've got the Arc. Have another system for emulation, under the TV.
If I have time, I'll run some PS2/DC/Gamecube games over the weekend to check. I have never played around with Xbox emulation at all!

I actually haven't tried since I've got the Arc. Have another system for emulation, under the TV.
If I have time, I'll run some PS2/DC/Gamecube games over the weekend to check. I have never played around with Xbox emulation at all!
Most of the Dreamcast and GameCube games are easy to run,until you start adding 4xMSAA and advanced filtering options at 1080p. Try F-Zero GX with it maxed out,it looks beautiful. Fantastic looking game considering it came out in 2003/2004. Puts many modern games to shame imo.

Most of the Dreamcast and GameCube games are easy to run,until you start adding 4xMSAA and advanced filtering options at 1080p. Try F-Zero GX with it maxed out,it looks beautiful. Fantastic looking game considering it came out in 2003/2004. Puts many modern games to shame imo.

Reminds me a bit of Whipeout.....

Last edited:
Reminds me a bit of Whipeout.....

Ah Wipeout, what a game. Thinking back I'm amazed that was playable on an OG Playstation controller!

Back
Top Bottom