• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 7600XT 16GB Launched.

Suspended
OP
Ah Wipeout, what a game. Thinking back I'm amazed that was playable on an OG Playstation controller!

Yeah it was all fingers and thumbs, like an old-school arcade game, by then 1980's was old-school, dexterity at speed was a must.

I used to love that game, i played the first 2 or 3 versions of it, after that i moved on to PC, the 2017 version looks cool, i'm guessing one would need a PS4 emulator?

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah it was all fingers and thumbs, like an old-school arcade game, by then 1980's was old-school, dexterity at speed was a must.

I used to love that game, i played the first 2 or 3 versions of it, after that i moved on to PC, the 2017 version looks cool, i'm guessing one would need a PS4 emulator?
You mean Omega Collection? I bought a mint copy from the jungle ages ago for about 5 quid, it's great in VR! Not recommended if VR makes you queasy.

Associate

Sorry for double reply. Omega collection is Wipeout Pure,Wipeout Pulse (both remastered from PSP) And Wipeout 2048 from PSvita. It's a Mish mash of previous Wipeout games in one Collection,all upgraded, remastered,and fully playable in VR.PS4 Pro supports 4k all at flawless 60fps. Dunno about PS5. I wanna go play it now :p

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
Sorry for double reply. Omega collection is Wipeout Pure,Wipeout Pulse (both remastered from PSP) And Wipeout 2048 from PSvita. It's a Mish mash of previous Wipeout games in one Collection,all upgraded, remastered,and fully playable in VR.PS4 Pro supports 4k all at flawless 60fps. Dunno about PS5. I wanna go play it now :p

Thanks, i'll have a look :)

Associate
Would this be a good GPU for a new mid range 1080p gaming build? If it's around £300 it's the right kind of price point for me. Would it be good enough if I wanted to try VR in the future?

Perfect for 1080p, not sure about vr I seem to recall amd GPU to not be so good at vr, but sure someone will be along shortly to confirm

Suspended
OP
Its an interesting choice for me. Would like to upgrade my 5600XT and the 16GB will be good for me using resolve.

That and AI stuff like Stable Diffusion, i can see tech jurnoes now..... "these have no reason to exist, they are stupid" they are sub $300 AI cards, the only ones.... its not stupid at all, its quite clever.

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
Yes, a 5600XT is equivalent to an RTX 2060.

See here...

So you're looking at +37%.

See here... 73 / 100 = 1.37.

Tho what we have learned from the 4060Ti 16GB is that the extra VRam does make a bigger difference in some games, and its more future proofed than a 8GB equivalent.

Associate
Don't know about resolve, but for gaming, I wouldn't bother. The 6600 was barely any faster and the 7600 is only 25% on the 6600.

yes for resolve GPU memory will be leveraged if it is there. it will be better than an 8GB 6600XT (Have one in the kids computer). The 7600 is a significant upgrade over the 5600XT

Soldato
yes for resolve GPU memory will be leveraged if it is there. it will be better than an 8GB 6600XT (Have one in the kids computer). The 7600 is a significant upgrade over the 5600XT
It’s only got a 128bit bus though so will be held back by bandwidth limitations, probably better to wait and see what Intel does with Battlemage.

Associate
Well we’ll see but I have a feeling Intel will shake up the lower end when Battlemage arrives later this year as let’s face it both Nvidia and AMDs low end next gen stuff has been awful.
So will Intel's as they will base what they release on the other AMD and Nvidia. Your not going to get a 7800xt card for 7600xt money from intel

Back
Top Bottom