• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX VEGA AIB Cards Information Needed?

OcUK Staff
All custom cards are now online and live, hopefully with time supply will improve and thus lowering prices, but right now might as well just buy a 1080 or 1080Ti.

Permabanned
Mining aside, this feels like an even worse launch than Fury. Will a node shrink turn things around?

Still flabbergasted my 290 is still keeping its head above the water (1440p is definitely more of a struggle with newer games but usually it's easily fixed/tweaked).

The Fury launch was a big success compared to Vega's. What's happened with Vega would have almost certainly been RTG's doom and gloom event if not for AMD's Ryzen success. And even that didn't last long because Intel pushed a clock jump Kabylake and then a core increase Coffeelake out to combat it. As of this moment anyone wanting a gaming build will again be best served by Coffeelake and Nvidia. It's not a good situation for us.

Soldato
I guess given these prices we need to look at all the performance comparisons again and look at the Vega 64 in comparison to the 1080Ti as well as the 1080 now.

I realise Gibbo said the prices may come down, but they really NEED to come down, soon. You really need to be an AMD Die Hard or locked into Freesync to consider a Vega 64 over a 1080Ti at the minute.

Soldato
Even then you'd have to seriously think about weather its worth an extra £150 over a 1080, just for that. As a Freesync user myself, I'd have to say, I don't think it really is. You at least have adaptive sync with an nvidia card on a FS monitor, while no where near as good its better than paying rip off prices at least until next years refresh or navi.

Permabanned
I dunno, I'm happy with my ref 56 modded to an AIO performance and I get a decent software suite to pick & choose from.

Ultimately if it runs the games I play well with a minimum of fuss I'm happy. Never been one chasing the last 10%ile of FPS, just good visuals and bang for buck. This thing isn't anywhere near as good as the R9 was in that regard but it's not bad for the launch price.

Soldato
I dunno, I'm happy with my ref 56 modded to an AIO performance and I get a decent software suite to pick & choose from.

Ultimately if it runs the games I play well with a minimum of fuss I'm happy. Never been one chasing the last 10%ile of FPS, just good visuals and bang for buck. This thing isn't anywhere near as good as the R9 was in that regard but it's not bad for the launch price.
But that would cost £550 now (if there was stock). Plus extra if you had to buy the AIO stuff too (not sure if that's what you meant).
Since you can't buy for the launch price now that seems irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom