• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Associate
Anyone bought a 2600 (not x)? Really torn as to which one to buy. I'll be putting my own cooler on, so not interested in the stock cooler. This whole xfr malarkey is just really confusing. I saw one review where the 2600 had a better all core clock than the 2600x (and lower voltage), but then xfr comes into play and may give better results when left to do it's thing! Just can't find any solid 2600 auto overclocks. I know 3.9 is the official figure, but a bit of tweaking and could the xfs boost also get these chips up to 4.3?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

. I know 3.9 is the official figure, but a bit of tweaking and could the xfs boost also get these chips up to 4.3?

As soon as you start changing clocks Xfr stops working. You cant manually set single core clocks either.

Soldato
As soon as you start changing clocks Xfr stops working. You cant manually set single core clocks either.
Yep. Which is why overclocking isn't worth it on some X chips depending on your workloads. If you can only get a 4.2 GHz all core overclock, but can get to 4.3+ GHz just using XFR on a small number of cores, why overclock if you're not always doing heavy workloads using most or all of the cores?

I agree that more information about what is best for the non-X chips would be useful.

Associate

This is where I get lost. So, xfr is also based on cooling etc, so a better cooler and will xfr whack the clocks up? Also, like others have done on the 2600x, dropping the voltage a little, would better gains be achieved? Just in my head, the 2600 runs at lower voltage so should have a good bit of headroom and run cooler to allow xfr to clock higher?
XFR is good, but it really brings in a whole level of complexity that my old addled brain can't handle :)

Permabanned
The two games I have tried so far, Farcry 5 and PUBG have basically set the clocks to the max all core clock when in game(not the menu system). So the single thread boost is useless in those cases.

So, possibly, some games will be better with an all core clock rather than boost.

Permabanned
The two games I have tried so far, Farcry 5 and PUBG have basically set the clocks to the max all core clock when in game(not the menu system). So the single thread boost is useless in those cases.

So, possibly, some games will be better with an all core clock rather than boost.
That would ve most games. I will be going for max all core oc not single.
Word is that binned chips should do 100-150mhz more. So i would be happy with 4.35 all cores :)

Permabanned
That would ve most games. I will be going for max all core oc not single.
Word is that binned chips should do 100-150mhz more. So i would be happy with 4.35 all cores :)

Currently have 4074 ish all core and 4350 boost and very good temperatures. Will see how low voltage I can get with 4.35 before deciding(or if I can even get that at reasonable V). :)

Permabanned
Currently have 4074 ish all core and 4350 boost and very good temperatures. Will see how low voltage I can get with 4.35 before deciding(or if I can even get that at reasonable V). :)
Knowing me i start from stupid volts see how far chip goes diall back 50mhz and get volts to have that stable then move to memory oc.

Permabanned
Actually not sure what to do with overclocking this thing. Just set multiplier to 4.3 and stuck 1.38v through it. :p
You shuld start from memory You must have VERY crappy timings to score so low at 4.3 !!!

2018_04_27_19_26_53.png

Just finished testing new timing set on C7H

Cant say much about overclockign 2700x since wont have one till next week. But this is it My 1700x is at maximum stability limit cant get more out of it. Cant get CL14@3466 cant get more than 3950 either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom