• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Permabanned
@chroniclard
I think You got old IBT not avx one !!!

Look at my times

AVX will push cpu to the limit if i remember heat output went 5c up when i got this one.
Compare Yours Soc+CPU power draw of 99watts to mine of 179 almost double power in to cpu :p My cooling can handle that easy as You see

Only downloaded yesterday! Will check.

Though your screenshot is too low res to see. :p

Permabanned
ibt.png

Beter ??

Permabanned
I finally found the AVX version and its more intensive, only passed 2 loops before it failed. Also about 6-7 degrees hotter.

Not that fussed, its been solid so far doing everything else. :)
Told You AVX is proper version It's what gets temperatures out proper way. I can pass IBT but REALBENCH is what can really crash my system :p

But ye as far as its stable for Yours use its good

ps. This is the magical 4ghz STABLE buster. Everyone says theirs Ryzen 1 was 4ghz stable till they put IBT on HAHA

Soldato
I have been testing and using my new 2700X for a few days, it replaced a 1700X which was being run at stock but also tested at 3.8GHz as a conservative overclock. Motherboard is Asus Crosshair VI with bios 6101, RAM is Team Group 32GB DDR4 3000 overclocked to 3066. It was a simple case to replace the CPU on the CH6 motherboard.

I have to say I am very impressed so far with the 2700X. I am using a Coolermaster 240 AIO which keep temps less than 60c in Prime 95, so no thermal throttling is noticed. Cinebench 15 temps reach about 65c.

I have set Performance Enhancer 2 along with a voltage offset of -0.0750 in the BIOS. With these settings it will boost to 4.1GHz in CineBench15 on all cores and in games it will reach 4.3 on single core and in ROTTR it was sitting at 4.1-4.2 GHz on all used cores. Highest temp in gaming so far is around 55c-58c.

I have noticed a decent increase in VR and 4K performance due to an improvement in FPS minimums.

So all in all a decent upgrade over a stock or mildly overclocked 1700X.

Associate
I have been testing and using my new 2700X for a few days, it replaced a 1700X which was being run at stock but also tested at 3.8GHz as a conservative overclock. Motherboard is Asus Crosshair VI with bios 6101, RAM is Team Group 32GB DDR4 3000 overclocked to 3066. It was a simple case to replace the CPU on the CH6 motherboard.

I have to say I am very impressed so far with the 2700X. I am using a Coolermaster 240 AIO which keep temps less than 60c in Prime 95, so no thermal throttling is noticed. Cinebench 15 temps reach about 65c.

I have set Performance Enhancer 2 along with a voltage offset of -0.0750 in the BIOS. With these settings it will boost to 4.1GHz in CineBench15 on all cores and in games it will reach 4.3 on single core and in ROTTR it was sitting at 4.1-4.2 GHz on all used cores. Highest temp in gaming so far is around 55c-58c.

I have noticed a decent increase in VR and 4K performance due to an improvement in FPS minimums.

So all in all a decent upgrade over a stock or mildly overclocked 1700X.

So I assume that it was a decent (not so costly) upgrade.
Would you say that overall you have achived 10%~15% performance uplift as advertised.

Soldato
Yeah is odd, the one time HTT is justified he has no HTT (although understandable if he isnt getting these parts free and simply cannot afford it).

I would not expect Ryzen 2 to be the cause of adbobe premiere crashing, I have two working theories.

According to anandtech install the ryzen OC software force enables HPET.
If he did this and got HPET force enabled, its possible this in turn could be crashing the software.

Second

Could be ram instability, we know ryzen platform isnt as easy going as intel for ram, maybe he got some 3200+ kit in there, didnt properly test for ram stability (just assumed it was), and its actually not stable.

Associate
Why would Adobe Premiere just start to crash on a Ryzen CPU? Odd video.
It's his system. I edited in Premiere with my 1800x for a year without issues. No crashes related to CPU and no dropped frame issues. I now have a 2700x and it's just as stable in Premiere as my 1800x. I feel like many of these content creators on Youtube have limited understanding of the hardware/software they use to create their content.

Back
Top Bottom