• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
Depends which one you buy, if it's one preconfigured by OCUK yes, if you buy just the bundle they basically box shift it to you and you have to set it up.

I'd tended to assume that even in the latter case it's a set of components known to work well together and you'd have some recourse if it proved not to...

Permabanned
I guess there's a bushiness opportunity there.

Buying new kit, overclocking it, verifying it's stability which the buyer is happy to trust and then selling it on for profit.
True. Sold that kit in ONE DAY screenshots with 1000% HCI memtest pass plus timings and volts used. Sent him setting for 3200 3300 and 3466. Just like playing around with hardware more than using it nowadays.

And I am willing to pay extra for TESTED Binned products. Like I'w done with 2700x. If i had extra 200 quid to blow up would have ordered that 4500hmz kit THIS VERY MINUTE.

But I'm blowing up 500 pounds on my 350z remap next month... Not that I drive it 3000 miles a year :D

Soldato
True. Sold that kit in ONE DAY screenshots with 1000% HCI memtest pass plus timings and volts used. Sent him setting for 3200 3300 and 3466. Just like playing around with hardware more than using it nowadays.

And I am willing to pay extra for TESTED Binned products. Like I'w done with 2700x. If i had extra 200 quid to blow up would have ordered that 4500hmz kit THIS VERY MINUTE.

But I'm blowing up 500 pounds on my 350z remap next month... Not that I drive it 3000 miles a year :D

350z. Nice. The body work reminds me of an Audi or a Mazda.

Soldato
lol. I just like blowing 700 on emergency vet bills, whilst I'm away spending 400 on a paintball event, and have a vacation the next day..... pretty sure there is a reason I don't often have free money (especially when you are upgrading your house lol). (My money is going on my Juke NISMO RS remap - 600 - 900, plus downpipe, intercooler etc. Will ruin most STI's day).

Permabanned
lol. I just like blowing 700 on emergency vet bills, whilst I'm away spending 400 on a paintball event, and have a vacation the next day..... pretty sure there is a reason I don't often have free money (especially when you are upgrading your house lol). (My money is going on my Juke NISMO RS remap - 600 - 900, plus downpipe, intercooler etc. Will ruin most STI's day).
I wont even gain more than 20hp with NA haha. Just like 90s japanese cars golsen era. 350z is one of last good ones made and that was on budget. Thwn it all died mazdas hondas toyotas nissan somehow pulled 350 off. But if you like japanese coupe cars. They are gone. Coupe in general is dead. What we got peft?? Gt86??

Back on ryzen topic played around with LLC auto on.my c7h does not like my clocks vdrop is 90mv lol not planning seting vid at 1.48 haha

Soldato
To be fair here... the 370z is not a competitive purchase anymore, it has reached luxury level pricing :( (Especially the NISMO models). So, due to price, prob not the best AMD comparison here lol.

Just hoping they release a 2800x, that would be amazing. Hoping they are just binning chips and will release one later. Although, would be funny as hell if they released a 12 core or something lol.

Associate
To be fair here... the 370z is not a competitive purchase anymore, it has reached luxury level pricing :( (Especially the NISMO models). So, due to price, prob not the best AMD comparison here lol..

In the UK the real price (not list) you get them for is much closer to a GT86 with Nismo being a couple of K more, I'm tempted have been for a while, feels like a manly Coupe version of my NC MX5 :D

Just hoping they release a 2800x, that would be amazing. Hoping they are just binning chips and will release one later. Although, would be funny as hell if they released a 12 core or something lol.

The 12 core is going to be Threadripper I would have thought, looking at the builds AMD keeps the cost down and yield up but keeping a very simple 8 core structure, avoiding large monilitic die, can't see why they would move from that, the 12nm die size hasn't really changed from 14nm so looks more of a port rather than any large scale redesign has gone on, doubt you see a deviation until the 7nm chips.

I await pricing of the 12 and 16 core TR2s though especially if the boosting works more effectively and I can have all threads doing > 4Ghz without overclocking.

Soldato
I await pricing of the 12 and 16 core TR2s though especially if the boosting works more effectively and I can have all threads doing > 4Ghz without overclocking.

This has made me wonder what the binning on the TRs will be... I know we'll never get a 12 with faster clocks than the 16 because of <business reasons>, but will it be binned for higher clocks than the 2700X I wonder...

Associate
Actually in TR 8 core was faster (it was the fastest clocked Ryzen you could buy) than 12 core and 12 was faster than 16, in clockspeed terms of course.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom