• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
Sorry to ask this again. But it's confusing me.

Precision Boost Override. Should I enable it on my x370 / 2700x?

Also the options are Auto / enable / disable and manual.

I imagine on auto it's actually enabled?

Associate
To be fair here... the 370z is not a competitive purchase anymore, it has reached luxury level pricing :( (Especially the NISMO models). So, due to price, prob not the best AMD comparison here lol.

The GT86 is probably more fun. The 370z is a 9/10th car. The GT86 is an 11/10th car. It's so much fun you won't really care that a Focus ST might challenge you in a straight line or even in the corners on stock tyres... mostly because you will be sliding around like a hooligan :D

I love mine (my second one 2017 pro). The 2017 electronics "Track" mode actually encourages and helps you powerslide subtly during rush hour.

Permabanned
@Gibbo so when is 3466 kit landing at OCUK ?? Tempted to pick it up and have a look how it does at 1.45 volts :D got any test kits for 'testing' ;) Think Ill email Teamgroup if they have a spare kit for Review would be awesome to have a play with it see how it is :)

t_force_dark_pro.png

Soldato
Sorry to ask this again. But it's confusing me.

Precision Boost Override. Should I enable it on my x370 / 2700x?

Also the options are Auto / enable / disable and manual.

I imagine on auto it's actually enabled?

When PBO is set to Auto the CPU itself sets voltage, TDP and other mobo parameters.
When it's set to Enabled, the voltage, TDP and other parameters are set by the mobo's ability to hold the settings. This results in a much higher VID being set for each core and higher TDP than would be the case on Auto. It also means much higher temps.
If you were going just for an all core clock, enabled would be the best choice. If though you want to let the CPU set it's own maximum and minimum with low volts and temps then Auto would be the best choice.

Soldato
When PBO is set to Auto the CPU itself sets voltage, TDP and other mobo parameters.
When it's set to Enabled, the voltage, TDP and other parameters are set by the mobo's ability to hold the settings. This results in a much higher VID being set for each core and higher TDP than would be the case on Auto. It also means much higher temps.
If you were going just for an all core clock, enabled would be the best choice. If though you want to let the CPU set it's own maximum and minimum with low volts and temps then Auto would be the best choice.

Thanks

Associate
Tweaked a bit. Given how close its getting AMD are going to take the gaming crown with Ryzen 2 if Intel dont bring something new to the table. :)

3PR58Fb.png

I dunno Vega was pretty disappointing. I'm assuming you're talking about GPU's in this gpu limited situation anyway.
The fact AMD still loses when the intel cpu is completely gpu bottlenecked isn't a great look, especially when it get's a free win in physics with 2 extra cores and 4 extra threads and only just scrapes that victory.

Permabanned
I dunno Vega was pretty disappointing. I'm assuming you're talking about GPU's in this gpu limited situation anyway.
The fact AMD still loses when the intel cpu is completely gpu bottlenecked isn't a great look, especially when it get's a free win in physics with 2 extra cores and 4 extra threads and only just scrapes that victory.

CPU wise any further improvements from AMD are going to put it top? (Unless Intel improve as well, which is likely) :)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Sorry guys... I'm sure this has been asked loads of times already (but it's a huuuge thread). Which gets more gaming FPS out of Ryzen 2X00 series CPUs; faster RAM (more MHz), or tighter timings?

You ideally want to get it as higher frequency as you can, then worry about timings.

On the whole if you can get 3200 C14 you're good; 3333 C14, 3466 C15, 3600 C16 will be faster, but progressively harder to achieve.

Permabanned
Problem is not only Memory speed but that its still tied to infinity fabric :( so what I can get my kit 3600cl15 pass 2000% when system is unstable due to IF :(

TBH best option is 3466 lowest timings Yours ram kit can do s it does not cripple cpu too much.

@pandem0nium
But only people that LOST can see the back end :D Amuse stylebumper is calling me
seen those ??
https://www.bodykits.com/images/F165562002.jpg

Soldato
Problem is not only Memory speed but that its still tied to infinity fabric :( so what I can get my kit 3600cl15 pass 2000% when system is unstable due to IF :(

TBH best option is 3466 lowest timings Yours ram kit can do s it does not cripple cpu too much.

+1
Personally i like 3466 at 14-14-14. Dead easy to get, but more importantly easy to get and a rig that 100% stable 24/7. Win win :D

Back
Top Bottom