• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
The second quote seems to be sourced from AMD which would suggest 1.35v is ok.

Still I would start again on the o/c stability testing and make sure cpu stress testing is reasonable. Or you could just drop the cpu 100mhz from where it is now and see if it suddenly becomes more stable from that.

The Robert Hallock video people have been referencing when Ryzen first launched, he goes on to say 1.4v is safe 24/7 for Ryzen.

Caporegime
Their more or less the same price. And ok cooler is one thing but in my instance a £7 mounting kit from Noctua alows me to use my existing one.

I see them as the same price.

Even the mobo are the same!

For example the Prime Pro from Asus, is basically the same price whether it be X370/470 or Z370.

So no I disagree, they are like for like the same price.

Heat yea, you have a point.

But then clock speed. The average oc on the 8700k is what like 4.7-4.8GHz?

And Ram speed goes up too 4000MHz.

Those numbers are dream world on Ryzen.

Clock speeds are irrelevant, you can have a thousand Ghz on the core and the memory and still have a slower CPU.

The multithreaded performance on Ryzen is clock for clock identical to Coffeelake, if that last video is true Ryzen is about to get a 10% IPC bump, which core for core clock for clock would put Ryzen 2### 10% ahead of Coffeelake.

There might not be much in it between the 8700K and 6 / 8 core Ryzen 2###.

Soldato
Clock speeds are irrelevant, you can have a thousand Ghz on the core and the memory and still have a slower CPU.

The multithreaded performance on Ryzen is clock for clock identical to Coffeelake, if that last video is true Ryzen is about to get a 10% IPC bump, which core for core clock for clock would put Ryzen 2### 10% ahead of Coffeelake.

There might not be much in it between the 8700K and 6 / 8 core Ryzen 2###.

Well I do hope the 2700x is a decent CPU as it will be a cheaper easier upgrade from my 1700.

Soldato
Even on the desktop I've found things to be a bit jittery with my 1700.

Something is wrong then. Me and my mates have done various Ryzen 5 builds,some with decentish RAM and others with bog standard stuff,and they have been fine.

Edit!!

Wasn't some of the earlier Ryzen CPUs affected by some fault which AMD would replace the CPU for free if it had it??

Soldato
Something is wrong then. Me and my mates have done various Ryzen 5 builds,some with decentish RAM and others with bog standard stuff,and they have been fine.

Edit!!

Wasn't some of the earlier Ryzen CPUs affected by some fault which AMD would replace the CPU for free if it had it??

That was some compilation error I think.

I.e manifested it's self when compiling things like Linux kernels.

Associate
Hi all

I run at present a 1700X ( not overclocked) on a Asrock Taichi X370 with 32gig Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 MHz.

I run 9/10 Virtual machines off it as well for other things i do would i notice a huge difference if i swapped over to the 2700x and also could i just swap the CPU out of my current build ?

And one last question what would my 1700X with box be worth at present ?

Thank you.

Soldato
Hi all

I run at present a 1700X ( not overclocked) on a Asrock Taichi X370 with 32gig Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 MHz.

I run 9/10 Virtual machines off it as well for other things i do would i notice a huge difference if i swapped over to the 2700x and also could i just swap the CPU out of my current build ?

And one last question what would my 1700X with box be worth at present ?

Thank you.

There a 1700x for sale at the moment for £200. Which I thought was high.

Back
Top Bottom