RYZEN 3000 - THOSE STRUGGLING TO FIND, LOOK HERE!

Associate
I'm only missing the 3900x and Vega 56 Pulse both ordered at OCUK.

What monitors did you go for? I Already have two 24 inch 1080p monitors but want to get either a 1440p or 4k at 27 inch or ultrawide. Just can't decide on anything!
When I was building my previous setup I went for 1440p 144Hz (165 with OC) Acer Predator for games and general use and a secondary 4k 60Hz LG for media, might add 3rd monitor when I upgrade my graphics card. Both 27 inches. Now, I was thinking about ultrawide but it's a bit too big to have more than one screen and a bit wobbly on long-reach VESA arm.

Another day camping and making smores waiting for my god-darn CPU by the way.

Associate
Has anyone spoken to OCs yet today?

I spoke to a different retailer they told me the stock cannot be fulfilled by their supplier and must now go direct to AMD which will cause more of a delay.

Is it the same here?

Associate
I did, they told me AMD is literally incapable of fulfilling the stock purchased by the retailers and they give no ETA on the stock availability, they just been told "it will be shipped when it will be shipped". Seems like there is some gigantic snafu on AMD's part, there is literally no stock anywhere. For me they either wanted to release a product that they didn't make yet, or there is some kind of catastrophic fault that called for a silent recall.

Associate
I did, they told me AMD is literally incapable of fulfilling the stock purchased by the retailers and they give no ETA on the stock availability, they just been told "it will be shipped when it will be shipped". Seems like there is some gigantic snafu on AMD's part, there is literally no stock anywhere. For me they either wanted to release a product that they didn't make yet, or there is some kind of catastrophic fault that called for a silent recall.

My bet, rusher to get them out for 7/7 and just haven't made many of them yet.

I don't think the 3900x has sold particularly well, they just didn't have many in the first place to sell.

As AMD can't stock the item on their own site, it doesn't look good for people like OCs.

Associate
Well it couldn't have sold well considering usually places like Microcenter in the US make a nice bling on new releases with people lining up for hours before opening, but this time most of them were told "We didn't get s***'" by the employees, I wonder how many sales they actually lost so far because people changed their mind after waiting.

Associate
Well it couldn't have sold well considering usually places like Microcenter in the US make a nice bling on new releases with people lining up for hours before opening, but this time most of them were told "We didn't get s***'" by the employees, I wonder how many sales they actually lost so far because people changed their mind after waiting.

There will be a lot of people moving to 9900k purchases or 3(7/8)00x purchases

Associate
Annoying the hell out of me, I have an entire new build sitting next to me just waiting on the CPU to go in. But everyone is in the same boat, so all I can do is wait it out.

Associate
I'll be using mine for work as well so this is causing some stress. My old i7 laptop is a real bottleneck at times.

12 cores is better for my use case but very tempted by the ryzen 7 stock out there.

Back
Top Bottom