RYZEN 3000 - THOSE STRUGGLING TO FIND, LOOK HERE!

Associate
How Can I cancel my order on 3900x? I`m affraid that 3900x will be available at august (I read about approx 15 aug) and I will wait for Asus crosshair VIII impact and 3950x. At this moment I order b450 itx + Ryzen 2600 temporary cause my dell xps 9550 are to hot when I use them hard. :/

Man of Honour
How Can I cancel my order on 3900x? I`m affraid that 3900x will be available at august (I read about approx 15 aug) and I will wait for Asus crosshair VIII impact and 3950x. At this moment I order b450 itx + Ryzen 2600 temporary cause my dell xps 9550 are to hot when I use them hard. :/
Post in the customer service forum at the top of the main forum page :)

Associate
This is ridiculous... I didn't expect AMD to pull paper launch on us

Funny thing is, the money is already paid with no product to show for it

That's the worst of it all. You pre-order and pay due to an advertised ETA and then... literally nothing. Not even a courtesy update on where the F the products are. Oh and by the way, another retailer actually does have the 3900x in stock, but they are tray versions and only sold in bundles with other products like a motherboard or a full pc build. So they do exist, just not retail boxed versions.

Last edited:
Associate

No way it will take that long. I imagine it will show up sometime soon, much like the 3800x did on Monday.

Associate
That's the worst of it all. You pre-order and pay due to an advertised ETA and then... literally nothing. Not even a courtesy update on where the F the products are. Oh and by the way, another retailer actually does have the 3900x in stock, but they are tray versions and only sold in bundles with other products like a motherboard or a full pc build. So they do exist, just not retail boxed versions.
This is exactly why I purchased it from OCUK, because they had a decent ETA on the product page. This laissez-faire attitude certainly doesn't impress me, even if it's not directly the OCUK's fault.

Associate
This is exactly why I purchased it from OCUK, because they had a decent ETA on the product page. This laissez-faire attitude certainly doesn't impress me, even if it's not directly the OCUK's fault.

I think the whole launch has been a bit of a ********. No review samples of the 3800x sent out, launch bios from every brand is a mess, radio silence on actual boost performance... I can take limited OC headroom, but they're not commenting on the issues hitting rated boost clocks on consumer hardware.

I don't blame ocuk for the stock issues as it genuinely seems outside their control and it looks like they were fed bad information. I do think there's been a failure from AMD to take ownership though.

Associate
No way it will take that long. I imagine it will show up sometime soon, much like the 3800x did on Monday.
Suppose to be. I wish availibity everyone who are waiting. But I just let know what ETA I seen at one of the shop. It`s sad and ridiculous. I will wait to 3950x, I hope that their availibility will be immediately after release. I wasn`t want wait that long for 3950x, but time are shorter and shorter, so I decided that few weeks with old 2600 will be OK - better than with my old notebook with i7-6700hq and throotling VRM which I promised to give my GF in next week.
Ps. I don`t have a grudge to OcUK, I know that AMD failed.

Associate
Associate
So I just took the plunge and ordered.

Let’s hope I’m not in for a long wait.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £765.42 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Which cooler will you be using?

Associate
I'll be using the same motherboard! I ordered it along with the 3900x so it's still not shipped...
Aorus Pro x570
3900x
GTX 1080
Kraken x72
Meshify S2
32GB 3200MHZ C14 B-die (will try OC'ing to 3600)
NVME SSD 500GB and 250GB SATA SSD
750W EVGA gold PSU
170HZ monitor

Associate
I have a Vega 64 Liquid Edition.
1200w Be Quiet Dark power pro.
Ordered 32Gb (2x16Gb) Ballistixs 3200mhz
Will be running it on a Sammy Curved 32' 2k 144hz C32HG70.

*** Competitor info removed ***

Associate
I am going to cancel my 3900x order too. I expected it last week, but it doesn’t seem like it will arrive anytime soon.

I already have an unopened, cheap 3700x at home. I will use it in my cheap Taichi. Now I only need some cheap 3600MHz memory :)

I considered getting a 9900k, but I figured at ultrawide resolutions there wouldn’t be much difference in frame rates. And an X570 board is a lot more future-proof than Z390 (PCIE 4, 802.11ax wifi and the possibility to upgrade to 12-16 cores next year with Zen 3). Last but not least I can’t bring myself to give money to Intel.

Associate
Tempted to cancel my 3900x order. Reading about people hearing 'not any time soon' from different retailers and rumours of August being when stock will arrive, which is disappointing.

My rationale is that I can use the £100 or so I'll save for the next gen when more cores will be a bit cheaper. It's not like I'll need to the cores anyway for what I do (gaming and programming) but I thought I'd treat myself since my current system has lasted me 8 years.

Last edited:
Associate
I am going to cancel my 3900x order too. I expected it last week, but it doesn’t seem like it will arrive anytime soon.

I already have an unopened, cheap 3700x at home. I will use it in my cheap Taichi. Now I only need some cheap 3600MHz memory :)

I considered getting a 9900k, but I figured at ultrawide resolutions there wouldn’t be much difference in frame rates. And an X570 board is a lot more future-proof than Z390 (PCIE 4, 802.11ax wifi and the possibility to upgrade to 12-16 cores next year with Zen 3). Last but not least I can’t bring myself to give money to Intel.

If I didn't do VM work I'd be doing the exact same

Back
Top Bottom