• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Associate
For everyone saying they are seeing 4.6ghz+ can you tell me if this is in actual games and apps? What does hwinfo64 show for max effective clocks, because my setup now I get lower cinebench scores as it jumps around cores for the single core test, but my max effective clock is just under 4.5ghz on 2 cores on my primary ccx.

Soldato
Any ideas all? BIOS has optimum settings loaded, results are consistent and the only thing changing between the runs are going from default RAM profile to the XMP profile (which enables 3600, 16, 16, 16, 36 and dram voltage to 1.35 (from 1.2)).

I get worse results with the better RAM profile, you can even see that the IF, Mem Controller and RAM speeds are in sync at 1800. I'm confused.

stock and stock
stock and stock ram.PNG

stock and 3600 RAM
stock and 3600 ram.PNG

Thanks all! :)

Soldato
Cinebench is all about the Cpu Speed changing to faster ram for Cinebench will get you negligible increase.
Those scores are within margin of error, and both are very good scores, I wouldn't worry about it.

Cinebench doesn't need fast ram.

I know, but what changing the ram does is that it brings down the CPU speed.

With ram at stock, the CPU manages to hit 4155mhz, but with the ram set to 3600 the CPU can only hit 4118mhz.

Associate
I know, but what changing the ram does is that it brings down the CPU speed.

With ram at stock, the CPU manages to hit 4155mhz, but with the ram set to 3600 the CPU can only hit 4118mhz.

Are you running stock voltage?

What is the CPU package power, as it could well be that 3600mhz ram is needing more voltage and throttling the CPU back a little. I had an issue with my AIO running really high temps, but then my CPU was pulling over 140w on a 105w chip. I set a manual voltage as advised on here and it's boosted performance and dropped temps dramatically.

Soldato
Are you running stock voltage?

What is the CPU package power, as it could well be that 3600mhz ram is needing more voltage and throttling the CPU back a little. I had an issue with my AIO running really high temps, but then my CPU was pulling over 140w on a 105w chip. I set a manual voltage as advised on here and it's boosted performance and dropped temps dramatically.

I'm not too sure, this is simply with everything on auto. Literally the only change between the runs was enabling xmp 3600 on the ram.

Soldato
Any recommendations for a board for one of these, not going to be overclocking, just want one that runs cool if possible I know some run hot on the VRMs.
Don't need WiFi.
Only need one M.2.

Ideally I'd wait for B550 bit i don't think it's going to offer me anything, unless the CPU will likely run better at stock on one over either an b450 or x570.

Memory wrist got my eyes on this stuff,
TEAM GROUP 8PACK RIPPED EDITION 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C14

Soldato
Any recommendations for a board for one of these, not going to be overclocking, just want one that runs cool if possible I know some run hot on the VRMs.
Don't need WiFi.
Only need one M.2.

Ideally I'd wait for B550 bit i don't think it's going to offer me anything, unless the CPU will likely run better at stock on one over either an b450 or x570.

Memory wrist got my eyes on this stuff,
TEAM GROUP 8PACK RIPPED EDITION 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C14

Very pleased with my Asus X570 TUF, great board. Well featured and rock solid.

Back
Top Bottom