• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Should I keep my B450 Tomahawk max board or buy x570?

No requirement to, just make sure you update the BIOS prior to putting the new CPU in. Although, if you are on Ryzen 1000 you may lose support for that CPU following the BIOS Update, double check against the bios revision notes to see.

Another quirk would be the weaker VRM's. This shouldn't stop you gaining performance but it may hinder some boost capabilities. If you are looking to get Ryzen Clock Tuner when it comes out for 5000 it may affect you a bit more. AM4 all has the same power spec so I wouldn't expect it to actually break anything, so if you are being money conscious there is no reason to upgrade. You would most likely be better off getting faster RAM for that money instead (depending on what you have currently).

Associate
@ScottiB is there any news on that delivery of 5800x that was supposed to be in before christmas? I saw in Gibbo's thread that the 5600x and 5900x deliveries arrived...

Associate
Intel Rocketlake 11th gen will be out early next year and will outperform Ryzen 5000 for gaming. Wait for that, probably be cheaper too.

It's not just for gaming and intel are going back to 8 cores max AFAIK.

I've only ever seen the 5900x sell for £599 when it's available in any of the big retailers so just curious what the RRP is.

Soldato
Intel Rocketlake 11th gen will be out early next year and will outperform Ryzen 5000 for gaming. Wait for that, probably be cheaper too.

That's the best part. If Intel try to undercut AMD then AMD have more room to drop their price even further. A nice price war would be good for us. More likely Intel will insist they have the gaming crown and will come in expensive, for a change...

Associate
It's not just for gaming and intel are going back to 8 cores max AFAIK.

I've only ever seen the 5900x sell for £599 when it's available in any of the big retailers so just curious what the RRP is.

Think its £510 but don't ever expect to see that sort of price here - Ferrari's and all that to maintain ;)

Soldato
Hi,

I just placed order for 5800x.

Should I keep my B450 Tomahawk max board or buy x570?
I've had a 5800X running in the tomahawk max for about 3 weeks now and had no issues so far.

Running the latest beta patch D bios 7C02v3A2 so I would recomend going with that one.

OcUK Staff
OP
@ScottiB is there any news on that delivery of 5800x that was supposed to be in before christmas? I saw in Gibbo's thread that the 5600x and 5900x deliveries arrived...

5800X still did not arrive from official supplier.
But we do have 69pc due by end of this week from none official suppliers, and hopefully the 1000+ will arrive at any moment also as they are quite over due.

Associate
5800X still did not arrive from official supplier.
But we do have 69pc due by end of this week from none official suppliers, and hopefully the 1000+ will arrive at any moment also as they are quite over due.

Thanks for the response. I hope you understand i only tagged Scotti because you were off last week :)

Associate
Just wondering if anyone has recently ordered a 5600X if so how long was it to process your order and get it delivered?

Ordered mine last week (bad timing I know) and with the holidays, COVID & high order counts I know It's going to be a while but any idea how long I'd be waiting roughly?

Back
Top Bottom