• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Ahhhhhh ok. Still not bad at least you know when it's coming plus lower than RRP. I'm 40th in the queue with OCUK but who knows what that means.......

the biggest online store seem to be getting them often. I’ve ordered the 5800x twice before but cancelled as it for £450 but for £403 I’m happy with that price l.

Associate
Its nice to see one of the 5900x from overclockers has been listed on "that very famous auction website" (£650 bid, £950 buy now).... Wonder how many of the deliveries are going to real customers and how many are going straight to scalpers.

Soldato
Its nice to see one of the 5900x from overclockers has been listed on "that very famous auction website" (£650 bid, £950 buy now).... Wonder how many of the deliveries are going to real customers and how many are going straight to scalpers.

I think that's part of the problem, scalpers have clocked on after the 3000 series Nvidia cards, and have had in hard purchasing, which obviously inflates demand even higher then it would be which, guess what, also plays into the hands of the scalpers.

I appreciate there is no legislation, private companies can do what they want, but be good if they could at least realistically expect to cover the majority of demand when they release something, not like 10% (or less) and end up with this ****.

Associate
I think that's part of the problem, scalpers have clocked on after the 3000 series Nvidia cards, and have had in hard purchasing, which obviously inflates demand even higher then it would be which, guess what, also plays into the hands of the scalpers.

I appreciate there is no legislation, private companies can do what they want, but be good if they could at least realistically expect to cover the majority of demand when they release something, not like 10% (or less) and end up with this ****.

I think most retailer should only be shipping 1 per address, I'd go one step further and request their eBay username so they can be added to a bidding bot.

Associate
Seems that a large majority of scalpers resell on eBay. Couldn't the big tech manufacturers work with eBay to reduce the problem??

eBay will be making a fortune from the scalpers.

I don't care what they say, this is a paper launch - I bet overclockers have shipped less CPU's this week than they usually do in an average week.

I don't blame the websites, it's entirely AMD's fault - disaster.

Associate
Seems that a large majority of scalpers resell on eBay. Couldn't the big tech manufacturers work with eBay to reduce the problem??
Which is weird, I heard selling expensive items is a big no-no on ebay due to their customer is always right policy and refund within 6 months. People literally get an item, take it, put a brick back, send it back claiming they got a brick instead and ebay sides with the buyer and the seller loses the item and money.

Associate
Which is weird, I heard selling expensive items is a big no-no on ebay due to their customer is always right policy and refund within 6 months. People literally get an item, take it, put a brick back, send it back claiming they got a brick instead and ebay sides with the buyer and the seller loses the item and money.

Most couriers just put the parcel down, knock on the door and sod off these days too so there is another option to claim foul..never arrived!

Last edited:
Associate
My 5800x showed up yesterday. Finally able to finish the new build and test everything.
I tried redeeming my Far Cry 6 coupon but the AMD Rewards site says it is invalid. Anyone else have any issues with theirs ?

Soldato
My 5800x showed up yesterday. Finally able to finish the new build and test everything.
I tried redeeming my Far Cry 6 coupon but the AMD Rewards site says it is invalid. Anyone else have any issues with theirs ?
I had problems with it. Try this;
Set system time to auto
Open edge
Login to amdrewards with edge
Download verification tool
Run it and enter your code

Soldato

It’s weird to see CPUs being scalped, out of all of the items you could do that for. I would never dream of buying such an expensive item from eBay.

Back
Top Bottom