• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I am just a bit confused tbh.

I ordered a 5900x on release day (all be it late) and was given a queue position of 517. Then we were told OC was getting 300 5900x in from their distro, but to expect less as some go missing.

Well... seeing as in this whole time I have only moved 60 places (down to 457). Either OC have had 80% of their shipment stolen, they are lying about the queue position, or... I honestly don't know the 3rd possibility.

That 300 was just one order as well. It's been multiple weeks now. Maybe time to get trading standards involved as this seems to be more than just AMD having **** stock. You can't seriously be saying only 60 got to OC since the initial sell out.

Associate

I ordered a 5900x on release day (all be it late) and was given a queue position of 517. Then we were told OC was getting 300 5900x in from their distro, but to expect less as some go missing.

Well... seeing as in this whole time I have only moved 60 places (down to 457). Either OC have had 80% of their shipment stolen, they are lying about the queue position, or... I honestly don't know the 3rd possibility.

That 300 was just one order as well. It's been multiple weeks now. Maybe time to get trading standards involved as this seems to be more than just AMD having **** stock. You can't seriously be saying only 60 got to OC since the initial sell out.

Theres this thing called order cancellations. As well as delayed shipments. Everyone in the UK has this issue. Trading standards haahah. Makes me laugh every time I see someone write that

Associate
C

Serious question what exactly is Trading Standards going to do? You are free to cancel your order and I can't really see any rules broken.
The only grey area is increasing prices suddenly during the pre-order and scalping but providing you pay what the price is shown then not much can be done.

Soldato
C

Serious question what exactly is Trading Standards going to do? You are free to cancel your order and I can't really see any rules broken.
The only grey area is increasing prices suddenly during the pre-order and scalping but providing you pay what the price is shown then not much can be done.
Are compaines or rather employees allowed to outright lie to customers?

No OcUK but another have to me. "Yes sir, you have been allocated stock and will receive it in 2 or 3 days" ....then nothing, no stock, no update or anything. Cancelled now luckily and just paid the slight higher scalp price

Soldato
Theres this thing called order cancellations. As well as delayed shipments. Everyone in the UK has this issue. Trading standards haahah. Makes me laugh every time I see someone write that

Almost as much as people quoting the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. :D

Associate
Are compaines or rather employees allowed to outright lie to customers?

No OcUK but another have to me. "Yes sir, you have been allocated stock and will receive it in 2 or 3 days" ....then nothing, no stock, no update or anything. Cancelled now luckily and just paid the slight higher scalp price

No clue I guess it would depend on the circumstances and how often this is done. A one off probably not going to bother. If it was company wide then yeah they probably would get a slap on the wrist.

Associate
C

My point is simple.

1) Placed in Queue

2) "We will receive 300 units of 5900X but some will go missing"

3) 3 weeks go by and I have moved down 60 spots in total

4) 60 is 20% of 300

5) They didn't have 300 coming or they had 80% go missing

6) Either they LIED to try and stop people cancelling because every company is in the same boat, so you shouldn't get it faster by cancelling and going elsewhere

OR

their distribution chain is wrought with thieves.

I can say, the only reason I didn't cancel is because my order was placed same day as release. So theoretically by trying to cancel and go elsewhere I would wait longer. But it seems that OCUK get less stock than other retailers and thus, if I had cancelled on say the 6th I could have already got the part by sitting there refreshing other companies sites as other people have succesfully done.

Saying "you can cancel" doesn't really matter in regards to trading standards. An employee of the company released a statement on behalf of that company. I took that at face value... because that is the relationship between consumers and companies that the UK expects. It's not my job to sort through profit-driven deceit.

Associate
If you want to understand where a lot of companies cpus are going look at prebuilt and system builds, literally can buy any hot indemand card or cpu you want if your prepared to buy a bundle or a system.

It is just a sad thing that exists between scalpers and pc companies but o well.

Associate
My point is simple.

1) Placed in Queue

4) 60 is 20% of 300

6) Either they LIED to try and stop people cancelling because every company is in the same boat, so you shouldn't get it faster by cancelling and going elsewhere

OR

I can say, the only reason I didn't cancel is because my order was placed same day as release. So theoretically by trying to cancel and go elsewhere I would wait longer. But it seems that OCUK get less stock than other retailers and thus, if I had cancelled on say the 6th I could have already got the part by sitting there refreshing other companies sites as other people have succesfully done.

Saying "you can cancel" doesn't really matter in regards to trading standards. An employee of the company released a statement on behalf of that company. I took that at face value... because that is the relationship between consumers and companies that the UK expects. It's not my job to sort through profit-driven deceit.

I think some context is in order, we're in the middle of a pandemic and you're getting this emotionally invested in a product that will be readily available in a few months time. It's a processor mate, literally you're emotionally invested in some silicon.

If such a great injustice has been done to you then why not call trading standards? Don't threaten them as it's not going to resolve anything. Call Trading standards and get them involved as you clearly believe an injustice has been done and a case should be raised.

Associate
I think some context is in order, we're in the middle of a pandemic and you're getting this emotionally invested in a product that will be readily available in a few months time. It's a processor mate, literally you're emotionally invested in some silicon.

If such a great injustice has been done to you then why not call trading standards? Don't threaten them as it's not going to resolve anything. Call Trading standards and get them involved as you clearly believe an injustice has been done and a case should be raised.

Or... Or... the shipment details were all provided post Covid. In fact, you may have forgotten... but Ryzen 5000 released in November not March. All I am saying here is something is clearly fishy. You can either do the "wait you fool" or acknowledge that what I have said does make it seem that something has been unsaid by the retailer which is Overclockers UK. No 'Great Injustice' must be underway for a consumer to feel lied or cheated. Using those terms is simply a method to undermine my position.

Associate
Or... Or... the shipment details were all provided post Covid. In fact, you may have forgotten... but Ryzen 5000 released in November not March. All I am saying here is something is clearly fishy. You can either do the "wait you fool" or acknowledge that what I have said does make it seem that something has been unsaid by the retailer which is Overclockers UK. No 'Great Injustice' must be underway for a consumer to feel lied or cheated. Using those terms is simply a method to undermine my position.

I, personally, don't think it's fishy - I'm in a queue at another (big) store and it's been the same. The truth I reckon is that either a) the logistical side is knackered or b) AMD can't make enough or C) a mix of the A & B.

It's C I think. There have been logistics problems at the ports, container ships have literally been diverted to other ports, that's no joke and that's coupled with TSMC having to fab silicon for PS5, Xbox, GPU's and cpu's - all new, all super-popular, all released at the same time.

I'm absolutely certain that OCUK who are amongst the largest PC retailers in the country, along with the other ones, would LOVE to send us what we have paid for but they just can't.
I'm also certain the queueing and checking-out system could be one whole hell of a lot better implemented but there you go.

I also think that once they start rolling in, it will be big numbers - that's just something I 'reckon' though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone noticed the 5800X on the auction website being sold spares with loads of bent & missing pins :eek::rolleyes:
Some people really shouldnt have nice things if they cant look after them properly

I handled my 5800X like it was one of the VX poison gas capsules on The Rock :D

Soldato
Just high demand, people sat at home borred.

I don't hold anything against OCUK really, communication could be a little better, but it's AMD who launched with with nowhere near enough stock to meet demand. It was obvious to see from the Nvidia 3000 release this was going to happen but they did nothing.

They had options, delay the release, allow vendors to do a pre order system months in advance, and give vendors more flexibility in being able to quote stock numbers etc.

This release was somewhat cloak and dagger until shortly after 2pm on the 5th when it was obvious they were not even close to meeting demand.

Now the scalpers have got in early, and compounded things.

Associate
...in fairness to all the tech companies, nearly all the demand evaporated between April and September because consumers where being fed a diet of..."don't buy now..new products are around the corner.." now when the consumer taps opened, especially with no holidays taken, no new clothes needed etc...people had the money and were primed for launch day.

You cant really blame the likes of amd or nvidia because you'd need 6 months or so lead time to match this demand. It will be very interesting come March or April next year to see if supply does match todays demand, hopefully people will be out and about by then. With demand reduced and supply maxed out, prices would crash.

So I expect the major players to keep supply more or less evenly paced, playing a longer game. So to conclude, I would expect prices to keep rising above mrsp near term. If your are in a queue, I'd recommend remaining there for now

Last edited:
Associate
My point is simple.

1) Placed in Queue

4) 60 is 20% of 300

OR

Last time i talked with them they told me 20 cpus received and shipped to customers. Next cpus coming mid December. Thats what they told me. So that 20 cpus may be part of that 300 you are talking about. But there is something coming 24.11. so lets wait and see.

Associate
Would you rather OcUK gave you vague useless information that they can't be held accountable for or the information they have at the time even if things might change?

I'd rather have that information than not, no point complaining about matters out of their control.

Associate
In other news, I finally managed to get my 5900X to boot, hurrah!

Unfortunately now it's randomly crashing in Windows and generating: "a fatal hardware error has occurred. reported by component processor core" in the event log. Need to do some more testing but it's not looking good for this CPU...

Back
Top Bottom