• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5950X low single core scores in Cinebench R15&R20

Associate
As I posted, leave all timings on auto apart from what I suggested. If it wont boot past 1866 with those then looks like you're limited by your cpu.
Yeah, wont boot past 1866 even with the badest timings. So its for sure the chip? Maybe increasing VDDG Voltage helps?

Associate
Manual sco etc. 1.1, 1.05, 1.05, 0.95.

Only other thing to try I think would be setting 2t but with 2 sticks cmd rate shouldnt be an issue. Think it's just the limitation of your new chip.

No a deal breaker tbh as from reviews, 3733 will still rock it with tight timings.

Associate
Open cinebench, open task manager, right click on cinebench, go to details, set priority to high and affinity to 1 core only (+HT), eg, cpu 0+0. You'll get your highest score in 1st run into win, and also close all other superfluous tasks in task manager.

Soldato
Open cinebench, open task manager, right click on cinebench, go to details, set priority to high and affinity to 1 core only (+HT), eg, cpu 0+0. You'll get your highest score in 1st run into win, and also close all other superfluous tasks in task manager.
Doesn’t work, all cores then reselect when you press ok

Associate
It does and should do. Click the select all button to inselect all, select whatever core and it's HT, OK, leave tsk mgr open hit run.

Edit: are you running single core test after setting tsk mgr or multicore?

Last edited:
Associate
I have 5950x, default in cb20 is 9300.
My edc and tdc is 100% when tested, cpu power only 95w...
I raised tdc to 110 and edc to 160, curve -15 all core = cinebench 20 10200
This result is still worse than the default in the reviews
The temperature during the test was only 63C
The processor is only 3800mhz (with increased power limit) and 3700mhz default during the cinebench test.

I do not know what's going on, so bad silicon lottery?
Asus Strix-e X570 + Noctua D15

Sorry for my English

Soldato
Quite possible a bios issue, a lot of issues people are having is just the bios. If your system is stable just hang tight for a new agesa

I keep hearing the recent ASUS 3003 Bios is doing similar stuff.
I'm on that straight from the company that sent me my 5950X, and motherboard bundle.

Will likely keep an eye out for future ones.

Any hoo, here's my R20 results. Single core is quite a bit lower than what Linus got in his review.

Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-F, and Noctua D15s

uCEKxKq.png

Back
Top Bottom