• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7: Are you gonna buy?

Are you gonna switch back to AMD?

• Yes

Votes: 285 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 26.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Sameday delivery is not possible unless you collect from our shop.

OcUK is the ONLY AMD Super-Alpha on-line reseller in the UK, that means we have priority allocation over anyone else, which means we get stock first and the majority off it, we shall also be hitting the AMD MSRP's, there shall be no milking it as to speak and we shall be giving FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY ON THE BASKET. Absolutely no reason to buy elsewhere. :)
Since 2001 I've bought AMD Athlon XP 1700+, FX-53, Phenom II x4 955, x6 1090, then Intel i5-2500K. All but the FX chip from OcUK.

Looking forward to this, I hope its been worth the 5+ year wait to splash the cash. :eek: :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11143...or-under-330-preorder-today-on-sale-march-2nd

The biggest x86 launch for AMD in five years is today: Ryzen is here. As always before a major launch, AMD gives a ‘Tech Day’ for relevant press and analysts, and through this event AMD’s CEO, Dr. Lisa Su lifted the lid on one of the most anticipated products in the semiconductor industry. AMD knows how to control the level of enthusiasm for its fans, and today is the end result, with processors going on pre-order from major retailers today, ready for a general hard launch on March 2nd.

Soldato
Half the price of the Intel 6900k for the same performance. That looks real good to me. However, that's deceptive as the other two are priced about the same as their Intel counterparts.

Soldato
Half the price of the Intel 6900k for the same performance. That looks real good to me. However, that's deceptive as the other two are priced about the same as their Intel counterparts.

Not so much so, as the others are notably faster and the same price/cheaper, the headliner 1800X is around the same/slightly faster for much less. Also don't a lot of Intel CPUs no longer come with a cooler?

Soldato
When there is a large number of players the 6, 8 and 10 core CPUs do better.

Also X79 and X99 are ideal for SLI and CF, a weak point with mainstream quadcores.

Mainstream quadcores like the 7700k are good for single player single GPU setups but this won't give maximum performance.

Unfortunately the wife makes sure i only ever have single gpu setups as she has more important things to buy :(

Back
Top Bottom