• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7: Are you gonna buy?

Are you gonna switch back to AMD?

• Yes

Votes: 285 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 26.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I would be buying from you guys too, except my CPU budget is tied up in "gift card balance" with another vendor. Gutted.

Will order mobo from you guys though, as soon as I figure out which one to go for.

Associate
I would be buying from you guys too, except my CPU budget is tied up in "gift card balance" with another vendor. Gutted.

Will order mobo from you guys though, as soon as I figure out which one to go for.

I know overclockers use amazon to pay for overclockers products maybe expand gift card to overclockers if that is possible?

Soldato
I don't think so. I have tried to do that before, with no luck. Their gift cards can only be spent on their site. Amazon Pay simply takes the card info and passes it along. Anyway, CPU now ordered. Will assess the motherboard situation later. As much as I want a x370, I think the B350 boards will be enough for my needs.

Associate
Probably but ... not in a hurry. So will wait for reviews on the cpus and MBs see whats best. Most likely will get the 1800x thou. Been waiting forever to upgrade from my 2700k. Really glad AMD is coming out with something that isnt a snowjob like bulldozer was.

Associate
I'll probably be buying a Ryzen but not right now as I want to see how the 1600s compare with official benchmarks etc. I feel like I'll be getting a 1600X but you never know… a Ryzen 7 might be worth the extra financial juggling. We'll see. :)

Associate
I have a non OC'd 2500k at the moment and have been wanting to upgrade for ages. I'm hoping the reviews for these CPUs and MOBOs come out well as I'm aching for an upgrade.

No way am I preordering though, stopped that altogether. Will give it a month or so for the dust to settle with reviews and any problems to rear their heads, which I hope are none! :)

Soldato
erm.... sooooo close.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £859.26
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Yes I know, 1700 clocks to 1800x but .... The nerd is winning.

Not sure on the mem though

Soldato
Probably not,Dont think the prices are that great to be fair,Il continue to rock my 3770K setup (Which is still at stock btw) until it can no longer cope with newer games.

It still breezes through everything i need it to do so..

Soldato
Probably not,Dont think the prices are that great to be fair,Il continue to rock my 3770K setup (Which is still at stock btw) until it can no longer cope with newer games.

It still breezes through everything i need it to do so..

Bear in mind these are the top-end. The lower SKUs may be more up your alley.

Man of Honour
No I don't think so, not at launch anyway. Cheapest Ryzen 7 is over £300 and I've never paid over £200 for a cpu before; I think the most expensive was £190 on a P3-650E @ 866 from here back in 2000 which allowing for inflation is probably not far off the mark.

Ryzen 5 (6c/12t) might interest me if the price was right and DDR4 also dropped in price. I doubt they will be fast enough for me to warrant an upgrade though.

That said I have found since upgrading to a RX480 my cpu is sometimes becoming the bottleneck in the likes of DE:MK so wouldn't rule it out.

Associate
I'm still undecided but have been pricing up a few different configs. I've always stuck with high end air coolers but would you guys recommend a AIO? Are the loader then a good air cooler like the bequiet dark drock pro? I can fit up to a 280mm rad in the base of my case.

Soldato
AMD are offering 8C/16T at a good price point, something Intel does not offer at the moment. this sort of CPu should be good for 5 years which makes them cost effective really and with a 3-4 Mhz OC it should also mean some fun as well.

Soldato
Bear in mind these are the top-end. The lower SKUs may be more up your alley.

He is doing it in more than one Ryzen thread,even though he and is mates ignore the pound devaluing by 20% since the days of the IB release.

The Core i7 3770K RRP was $332 to $342:

http://ark.intel.com/products/65523/Intel-Core-i7-3770K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

This equates to around £317 in todays money with VAT added.

So he is now complaining the R7 1700 is overpriced,even though it seems to have better IPC,and double the cores and even a stock cooler the current K series lacks.

If the pound was like it was a year ago,the R7 1700 would have been around £270ish.

Back
Top Bottom