• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7: Are you gonna buy?

Are you gonna switch back to AMD?

• Yes

Votes: 285 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 26.9%

• Total voters
Associate
i have been waiting for this. I have gotten lazier in my old age and hope ocuk will do a barebones build. Ie case, powersupply and motherboard with watercooling and all I have to do is slot in my graphics card and ssd drive. This has got me so excited....

Soldato
Rather wait for solid feedback, and the price to stabilise.
Places love this hype these days getting people's money before the product is even available.

For the record, I will not be buying one. Gaming at 1080p @ 120Hz with a 4790K and a 390 works perfectly fine, I could even just get a better GPU and the CPU will not struggle so am good for the time being.

The good thing is that the AM4 socket will likely be around for a few iterations so will wait for the C2 or C3 revisions of the CPU's.

I do prefer AMD though and it is great to see this happening in the market.

Soldato
Did you buy CPU from OcUK?

I'm not allowed since you are not on the 'approved' suppliers list, this is a dev build and I've been told what I have to spend and where, shame really as I know I would probably get it sooner for you. :( but :) still.

EDIT: And you've just made me realise, I didn't order RAM! DOH!!!

OcUK Staff
OP
I'm not allowed since you are not on the 'approved' suppliers list, this is a dev build and I've been told what I have to spend and where, shame really as I know I would probably get it sooner for you. :( but :) still.

EDIT: And you've just made me realise, I didn't order RAM! DOH!!!

We are approved! I shall investigate with AMD.

Back
Top Bottom