• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
which motherboard and did you check your GPU is X16 4.0 with normal clock speed?
You were right bro, my gpu is working at x1. i checked at Nvidia system information too. It shows: PCI Express x1 Gen4

My motherboard is ASUS X670E-E. and i did set everything for X16. Dont know what is the problem :(

Bios version: 1003

You were right bro, my gpu is working at x1. i checked at Nvidia system information too. It shows: PCI Express x1 Gen4

My motherboard is ASUS X670E-E. and i did set everything for X16. Dont know what is the problem :(

Bios version: 1003
yeah these Bio's can be haunted, try set bios default settings and if not get bios 0925

sometimes changing something in bios can mess other stuff up, buggy bios's

It could be a windows 11 bug too which I actually think it is that since you are on win11 you said, I would suggest going win10 because we are already on beta platform so no need to use beta windows too

Last edited:
Yeah also thats weird. i have 2x 16 GB but it says 31GB not 32GB :). I guess im using BETA bios thats why all weird things happening on my system :))

EDIT: My GPU is working PCI-E Gen4 x1. I cant make it x16. I have ASUS X670E and i tried everything. Set to PCI Lanes Gen5, x16. but nothing changed on windows.

Is there any switch on motherboard for PCI-E ?

e76.png

You not using riser cable are you ?

Would try changing PCIe to gen 4 in bios no cards are gen 5 so wouldn't be losing anything or just for testing try in second PCIe slot

I remember watching this the card ended being faulty

Is it possible to try card in another system or try another card ? To start ruling stuff out

Last edited:
You not using riser cable are you ?

Would try changing PCIe to gen 4 in bios no cards are gen 5 so wouldn't be losing anything or just for testing try in second PCIe slot

I remember watching this the card ended being faulty

Is it possible to try card in another system or try another card ? To start ruling stuff out

Not using riser cable, Yes also i tried to Gen 4 too. Still same. I will try to in second PCIe slot. Lets see.

If still sames, i will try card in another system like you said.

Thanks.

My 4090 FE just now was stuck at 825mhz 16x 3.0.
After so many days and reboots it was fine since i reinstalled bios 0925 because soon as i touched thunderbolt in bios i use to get this stupid bug.
Now after i rebooted pc again and its back to normal.
This started happening for me only when I disabled thunderbolt in bios but today somehow it booted weird.

Asus Gene x670e
I had the strix x670e-e but never had this issue since that doesn't have thunderbolt.

Last edited:
Try these and test, note it's not going to fix your bad performance below but should be better than what you are using.
T1GABu7.png

1.35v might be okay, or you might need to bump it a little (1.375v) depending on the quality of your DIMMs. VDDP 1.150v is also a bit high for 6000Mhz, try 1.100v.

You should also be aiming for Geardown mode disabled, but lets not run before we can walk.

Also, did you adjust the FCLK manually yourself?

Yeah there's something seriously wrong there, you have worse performance than non X3D parts. :p

Quick simple things to check are:
  • Make sure CPPC in BIOS is set to Auto and not Cache, Frequency or Driver
  • Make sure C States have not been set to disabled in the BIOS
  • Latest AMD Chipset drivers installed
  • Make sure Game Bar is enabled in Windows and up to date (update it via Windows Store) - this part is important update that game bar!
  • Make sure Game Mode is not disabled in Windows
  • Make sure you have the following seven entries in Device Manager and you have two AMD VCache entries in Task Manager
PSRKNGn.png
sMQoOcv.png

Generally if X3D performance breaks the user himself has to go out of his/her way to break it, usually by changing something either in BIOS or Windows that X3D relies on.
Hey Matt you seem to know your stuff - where's best to get to grips with all the above (explanations, meanings, what each effect may do etc). I'm not a complete noob but never dived this deep into fine tuning (probably not able to on my 9 year old rig).
Cheers

Hey Matt you seem to know your stuff - where's best to get to grips with all the above (explanations, meanings, what each effect may do etc). I'm not a complete noob but never dived this deep into fine tuning (probably not able to on my 9 year old rig).
Cheers
I picked up most of my findings here from some of the more knowledgeable users.

@jediking i can almost guarantee you that your issue is windows 11 bug. a fresh install should fix it but If I was you I'd install windows 10
Solved my issue by doing Re-installing GPU. It seems my GPU didnt fit slot exactly. Was my mistake :)).

@LtMatt, now is everything seems good. Now the big question is, how i can set my settings like you ? :) For best results. You got higher results than me...

Now my system is running 0925 BIOS + Stock Settings + EXPO2 ram. Didnt do timings yet. And also i did not able to find how to disable "Gear Down Mode" in BIOS. There is no setting like this. I did search but nothing related about Gear Down Mode...

Here is my new test results from Watch Dogs Legion Benchmark 1080p Very High

yUMQs6w.png

Last edited:
Solved my issue by doing Re-installing GPU. It seems my GPU didnt fit slot exactly. Was my mistake :)).

@LtMatt, now is everything seems good. Now the big question is, how i can set my settings like you ? :) For best results. You got higher results than me...

Now my system is running 0925 BIOS + Stock Settings + EXPO2 ram. Didnt do timings yet. And also i did not able to find how to disable "Gear Down Mode" in BIOS. There is no setting like this. I did search but nothing related about Gear Down Mode...

Here is my new test results from Watch Dogs Legion Benchmark 1080p Very High

yUMQs6w.png
gear down mode is after the timings at the bottom its called GDM something i forgot exactly but set that to buff.

are you sure it was you reseating the gpu and not the 0925 that fixed it?

gear down mode is after the timings at the bottom its called GDM something i forgot exactly but set that to buff.

are you sure it was you reseating the gpu and not the 0925 that fixed it?

Yes bro reseating is fixed my problem, the problem was continue with 0925 too. After that i re-seated GPU now its works with PCI-E 4.0 @X16.

And there is no GDM or Gear Down in ASUS bios, i did search function too...

Yes bro reseating is fixed my problem, the problem was continue with 0925 too. After that i re-seated GPU now its works with PCI-E 4.0 @X16.

And there is no GDM or Gear Down in ASUS bios, i did search function too...
They say you learn something new everyday.

here us GDM OFF

Back
Top Bottom