• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have Hyper V enabled, I don’t enable / se it so can’t really help you there. Maybe try S off in the BIOS?

I could share my settings, but they won’t be stable for you as each CPU sample is different. You can try a -15 all core negative setting and see how you get on.
S off you mean Secure boot? That supposed to help?

I'm looking to move to a 7800X3D / 7900XTX from an i7-8086K / 2070S. Any recommendations on an AM5 motherboard + RAM? This machine will be used purely for gaming and a tiny bit of streaming.
i would not take an asus board.
they make good boards, but have not been able to fix the bioses. still masisve problems with xmp ram being instable...

i would not take an asus board.
they make good boards, but have not been able to fix the bioses. still masisve problems with xmp ram being instable...
I've been able to tighten my timings and used all the features the Asus boards have availbe including PBO2 and Curve Optimiser, hasn't been unstable for me at least

lads how fast did 7950X3D sell out in UK and what time was it released?
Interested to know fast you guys had to be to get one.
Overclockers lasted like 10-20mins I think but they accidentally broke the release time and put it up in the morning when no one expected it, so I think that changed quite a bit.

Everywhere else that released it at the proper time sold out in a minute or two from what I saw. Wasn't much stock at all on launch.

Last edited:
Just been asked if i want to downgrade my new build CPU to 79003d. Said no thanks, happy to wait until they- 79503d are supposedly due in mid April. Thought depending on 78003d price, performance and availability I possibly would consider one of those.

Overclockers lasted like 10-20mins I think but they accidentally broke the release time and put it up in the morning when no one expected it, so I think that changed quite a bit.

Everywhere else that released it at the proper time sold out in a minute or two from what I saw. Wasn't much stock at all on launch.
what time was it released 2pm? Overclockers put it up 8am am guessing?

No they’ve ordered them Gibbo said - he also said however many they order is largely immaterial to how many they get. As I said they ordered 500 7950x3ds and got 60. they may get them in the end. I think another 60 did arrive subsequently.(edit - that we know about at least. Ocuk staff have been very quiet on the forum of late)

Last edited:
I’d personally go with any Asus
Rog board that fits within your
Budget.

RAM I'd go with any Hynix M die kit you can get at a good price, 2x16GB.
Is Hynix-A die any good? Just bought 2x32GB for a very reasonable price from somewhere in the world. Worded it as best as I can, so moderators don't get excited and delete the post.

Looks like I'll be heading to AM5 sooner than expected.

Is Hynix-A die any good? Just bought 2x32GB for a very reasonable price from somewhere in the world. Worded it as best as I can, so moderators don't get excited and delete the post.

Looks like I'll be heading to AM5 sooner than expected.
A die is the best possible choice, well done. I am using A die 7800Mhz C36 kit. :D

Back
Top Bottom