• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@jediking according to this watchdog legion is better in win 10 but it is a old video so not sure.

this one shows different results though

Last edited:
The Linus review would explain why some reviewers came to the conclusion that 7950x3d was a waste of sand and that it didn't run any faster than the 7950x

The reality is that the 7950x3d was so rushed that not only was it a paper launch but it seems AMD sent out chips that should have failed in validation testing. Linus's 7950x3d "worked" but had poor performance that could only be resolved by replacing it with a new 7950x3d, the chip simply had something wrong no ordinary user can easily diagnose and AMD fails to pick it up - AMD even tried to tell Linus that his 7950x3d is performing as expected and that it's normal for it to be no faster and often slower than a 7950x lmao, only later did they come back and let him know they sent him a dud.

Last edited:
i think you won CPU lottery thats why I'm suggesting because it could be another 5% plus fps
oh i see yeah maybe :) i wil try 6200 what u said.

I just tried now Buildzoid's timings.

Watch Dogs Legion - DX12 1080p Very High - ReBAR ON

7950x3D Stock Settings - DRAM Timings based on Buildzoid's

I get much better Min. FPS, check my Min FPS...

358T6do.png

oh i see yeah maybe :) i wil try 6200 what u said.

I just tried now Buildzoid's timings.

Watch Dogs Legion - DX12 1080p Very High - ReBAR ON

7950x3D Stock Settings - DRAM Timings based on Buildzoid's

I get much better Min. FPS, check my Min FPS...

358T6do.png
interesting, were you able to reproduce this result many times?

I forgot what min fps you got with my timings but I'd rather take little worse min fps then lose so much fps.
Maybe you go this min FPS after 1st benchmark because that's what happens, first benchmark min fps is lower but 2nd run average is lower and min much higher. Not sure why.

i just saw your other result and yes the min fps is actually quite low for that CPU not sure why, maybe you need to make sure its 100% stable.
I get higher min fps on 7700x so yeah if i was you id make sure the ram is 100% stable thats why i said you might need around 1.47 VDD

Last edited:
The Linus review would explain why some reviewers came to the conclusion that 7950x3d was a waste of sand and that it didn't run any faster than the 7950x

The reality is that the 7950x3d was so rushed that not only was it a paper launch but it seems AMD sent out chips that should have failed in validation testing. Linus's 7950x3d "worked" but had poor performance that could only be resolved by replacing it with a new 7950x3d, the chip simply had something wrong no ordinary user can easily diagnose and AMD fails to pick it up - AMD even tried to tell Linus that his 7950x3d is performing as expected and that it's normal for it to be no faster and often slower than a 7950x lmao, only later did they come back and let him know they sent him a dud.

TLDR. He got a dodgy chip so eventually got that replaced with a new one. Then he found that at higher resolutions it was GPU bottlenecked so the benefits weren’t there.

I think if he had actually tested some CPU intense games he wouldn’t have found that.

It's been sad to see the decline of LTT.. The moment he started on his 'labs' idea, I was hopeful he'd do a good job, but from all the behind the scenes videos it's clear they are largely playing at it and some of the characters are just that, more pantomime than credible, albeit there are some good people there, just few and far between, and the way Linus does his faked dumb it down explanations you know he's just regurgitating whatever he is told.

In this case, compare other reviews of say Far Cry 6 at 1080p/1440/4K (e.g. Guru3D) and it's clear his results are still a bit wonky, and I suspect some of this may be his test methods.. Many reviews did 'scaling' and concluded it wasn't detrimental to the other CPUs and all commented on the expected drop in productivity, but few put such a negative view of proceedings.

TLDR. He got a dodgy chip so eventually got that replaced with a new one. Then he found that at higher resolutions it was GPU bottlenecked so the benefits weren’t there.

I think if he had actually tested some CPU intense games he wouldn’t have found that.

That's a big problem. AMD is shipping 7950x3d that underperform

Shipped 1 that underperformed. I’ve not heard of any others. Mine certainly isn’t and clearly with all the benchmarks we have seen from @LtMatt it is currently the best performing chip you can buy right now.
1 that we know about.
Given the 7900XTX cooler fiasco I think it's safe to say AMDs quality control isn't nearly as good as it could be.

Once I saw Linus' conclusion I knew there'd be people criticising him.

1 that we know about.
Given the 7900XTX cooler fiasco I think it's safe to say AMDs quality control isn't nearly as good as it could be.

I would hope that everyone knows that everything (not just CPUs) has defects. Sometimes those defects are significant enough to cause issues. To draw a conclusion that because of a single example that they are all or even many are defective is not true in this case.

That's a big problem. AMD is shipping 7950x3d that underperform
1 that we know about.

He also said that when the repeated the tests with the new processor things hadn't really changed and his 'beef' seemed with scaling, as I mentioned, Far Cry 6 is one I quickly checked other reviews (as stated, Guru3D being the one I came across first from a quick search) and something doesn't add up. It's always easy to accidentally reduce performance, but not increase it, If I look at Gamers Nexus, who mainly did 1080p, so can only compare that resolution, he did Far Cry 6 and F122 which LTT did, and they also couldn't be any more different if they tried..

Something just isn't right, and critcism needs levelling.. or, the more dedicated review sites are all shilling for AMD..

Last edited:
I would hope that everyone knows that everything (not just CPUs) has defects. Sometimes those defects are significant enough to cause issues. To draw a conclusion that because of a single example that they are all or even many are defective is not true in this case.
I only said there could be more than one. Also let's remember that this was a review sample being sent out to a big tech channel for review. You'd think they want to get that right. I can't help but be a little nervous that if they're not properly QAing the review samples what are they going to be like as they rush to try to meet the demand of consumers?
Initially they didn't even acknowledge the first chip was faulty. If they're doing that with a tech channel like Linus', what chance do we have of getting a replacement if we get a similar sample?

He also said that when the repeated the tests with the new processor things hadn't really changed and his 'beef' seemed with scaling, as I mentioned, Far Cry 6 is one I quickly checked other reviews (as stated, Guru3D being the one I came across first from a quick search) and something doesn't add up. It's always easy to accidentally reduce performance, but not increase it, If I look at Gamers Nexus, who mainly did 1080p, so can only compare, he did Far Cry 6 and F122 which LTT did, and they also couldn't be any more different if they tried..

Something just isn't right, and critcism needs levelling.. or, the more dedicated review sites are all shilling for AMD..
And remember that Linus showed the results to AMD who said they looked about right.

Back
Top Bottom