• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Did anyone experience issues redeeming their code? I got an error saying "coupon code limit has been reached. Contact Support to request an increase to this limit". I've raised a ticket with AMD but wondered if I was the only one?

You should see the following under "AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Game Bundle Promotion"

Congratulations on reserving STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™! We will update your account and notify you as soon as the content key is available.

Your key will be assigned as soon as it is available.

Release Date: 2023-04-28

Soldato
They seem to only allow two redeems per account of any reward code ever, so you have to contact AMD Rewards support who will raise the limit for you. I guess it's to stop people from selling the keys on?
Ah okay thanks. Think I've only done one redemption with them before and it was about 4 years ago, but if that's the case at least they should sort it when they pick up the ticket.

You should see the following under "AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Game Bundle Promotion"

Congratulations on reserving STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™! We will update your account and notify you as soon as the content key is available.

Your key will be assigned as soon as it is available.

Release Date: 2023-04-28

Thanks, but no I definitely can't get that far.

Last edited:
Associate
Ah okay thanks. Think I've only done one redemption with them before and it was about 4 years ago, but if that's the case at least they should sort it when they pick up the ticket.

I just redeemed the code 20 mins ago and got the same error message as yours but seems fine when I checked my reward. Anyway, I am not that bothered because I don't play Star Wars games. :D

Associate

Guess they've reduced it even further then, lol.

They've been pretty fast to respond in my experience assuming it's in working hours.

Soldato
I was settled on an ITX build with my 7800X3D with the NR200P, but then changed my mind after seeing the ASUS Prime AP201 case. It's a beauty and fits mATX cases plus big GPU's.

Any recommendations on a motherboard? I'm looking to pair it with the following:

G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB

Soldato
Give it a minute or maybe a week for some spicy investigation, Steve at GN has bought at least one cpu that had a destructive failure in a socket.

Not the weird thing that Roman got hold of with liquid indium leaking out of a cpu which I say looks like a badly planned delid attempt.

A burnt spot between a 7800X3D and the socket in an Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E

Steve also tried to buy another "burnt" cpu, this time a 7950X3D but it was already RMA, this time a ROG Crosshair x670e extreme

Maybe good drama, maybe user incompetence :)

Soldato
I was settled on an ITX build with my 7800X3D with the NR200P, but then changed my mind after seeing the ASUS Prime AP201 case. It's a beauty and fits mATX cases plus big GPU's.

Any recommendations on a motherboard? I'm looking to pair it with the following:

Keeping an eye on your build I want the same case, can you let us know how you get on.

Associate
Give it a minute or maybe a week for some spicy investigation, Steve at GN has bought at least one cpu that had a destructive failure in a socket.

Not the weird thing that Roman got hold of with liquid indium leaking out of a cpu which I say looks like a badly planned delid attempt.

A burnt spot between a 7800X3D and the socket in an Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E

Steve also tried to buy another "burnt" cpu, this time a 7950X3D but it was already RMA, this time a ROG Crosshair x670e extreme

Maybe good drama, maybe user incompetence :)
Hopefully a bit of both maybe and nothing to be alarmed about.

I have updated the bios to 1409 and it's funny ASUS have wiped all previous bios versions from the website. Maybe coincidence, or maybe not?

I've monitored CPU temp from the get go of 7800X3D install and nothing has been alarming or suspicious.

Pleased to report that with the 1409 bios on the ASUS X670E TUF Gaming Plus I am able to enable EXPO II at long last with my Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 6000 cl30 expo memory.

Also the 3D Mark CPU benchmarks, without any manual overclocking has been the highest to date with 1409 BIOS.

qtyCaIf.jpg

Last result was a cold boot this morning.

Look forward to gradually overclocking the system in the future bit by bit.

Last edited:
Associate

Gigabyte B650M AORUS ELITE AX

I've just set one up with a 7800X3D, 32gb Gskill Neo 6400, Asus TUF 4070ti.
Running with Curve optimiser at -30 all core and FSB at 101 for 5150mhz (draws 80w gaming)
Tuned the ram to 6200 C30 with tightened timings from a Buildzoid vid.
Manually set Fclk to 2067 (moving that up slowly, will see where it tops out over the next few days)), all working perfectly so far.

The best motherboard of the m-ATX B650 boards out there. Such a pity there is no B650E variant in any of them.

Last edited:
Permabanned
X3D CPUs boot and work with any version of bios. New versions do have optimisations, so recommended update.

Really struggling to press go. Only just finished my 1000D build and I hated every minute of it :cry:

I could use the Gigabyte control centre that manages the B650 Aorus Elite, if that is somehow safer, but would involve doing 7 re-writes as it wants to do them all one by one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gigabyte B650M AORUS ELITE AX

I've just set one up with a 7800X3D, 32gb Gskill Neo 6400, Asus TUF 4070ti.
Running with Curve optimiser at -30 all core and FSB at 101 for 5150mhz (draws 80w gaming)
Tuned the ram to 6200 C30 with tightened timings from a Buildzoid vid.
Manually set Fclk to 2067 (moving that up slowly, will see where it tops out over the next few days)), all working perfectly so far.

The best motherboard of the m-ATX B650 boards out there. Such a pity there is no B650E variant in any of them.
I've seen this board come up a couple of times now. I haven't seen anything negative about it and it even comes in at around £210, which is very reasonable.

What made you pick this one in particular?
Keeping an eye on your build I want the same case, can you let us know how you get on.
I'm getting closer and closer! Although finding the G.Skill Neo 6000 CL30 in stock anywhere is proving a challenge. I may have to swap it for some Corsair Vengeance RGB stuff (which seems to come in a little cheaper too).

Not really fussed about RGB but I can stomach the RAM and GPU having some lights I guess.

Back
Top Bottom