• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My motherboard and ram arrived on Friday and fingers crossed my water block will arrive on Thursday and i also bought a Samsung 990 pro ssd. to go with the build do I'll be looking forward to getting it all built at the back end of this week.
As I've never had a AMD CPU before I'll have to get used to the differences between the Intel and AMD bios settings and spend some time manually putting the soc and ram settings in.

Sorry dude didn’t have time. I can confirm that performance on Nvidia seems to have dropped a little in Warzone. Getting better 1% lows on the 7900 XTX Vs the 4090.
in plunder and quads al mahzra is horrible yeah, like 1% fps is literally half of the average fps in certain cities/places

I used -20 on most cores and -15 on my strongest cores.. goes through prime fine and system is stable for games etc... but trying sha3 will make it Bluescreen straight away, isn't sha3 stable until about -12 all core.

I used -20 on most cores and -15 on my strongest cores.. goes through prime fine and system is stable for games etc... but trying sha3 will make it Bluescreen straight away, isn't sha3 stable until about -12 all core.
Weird. Ran SHA3 all core loads then p95 dropped cores within 20 seconds. Dropped to - 28 all and all good so far. Think I'll need to run cycler or occt to start maxing per core.

Should your strongest not have the highest neg offset for higher boost...?

Last edited:
SHA3 was what made mine look unstable too - had to go through and run it on each core to find out which ones were causing all core to fail. I had to drop the negative CO on my best frequency cores on the 7950x3d down to between 5-10 because they just weren't fully stable any higher on it. Core cycler with prime 95 and y cruncher(both kagari and kizuna) all wasn't giving errors at that point.

PCGH did a big CPU efficiency round up:
YsEiU9I.png
Although being on of those clever German sites, you can remove most of those to make it easier to read:
87GJauv.png
Of course, this doesn't really take into account performance so if you only play a game which is faster on the 13900K and can cool it, then for 5-10-15% you can always spend three times the power!

From their 7800X3D review, only really Cyberpunk2077 is a win for the 13900K (in the A Plague Tale: Requiem the 13900K is above the Zen 4 3D but PCGH sort by average not min FPS by default) but only by about 7% whereas all the others a win for the Zen4 3D).

Last edited:
Only attempt to copy my timings if you have good quality a die memory and properly test stability. ;)

qc9OMgS.jpg
SOC 1.163v
VDDIO 1.163v
MISC 1.066v
DRAM 1.57v
VDDQ 1.39v

Attachments

• qc9OMgS.jpg
    qc9OMgS.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back