• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@LtMatt All ok with your suggested settings and I haven`t had to alter any voltage settings yet, can you suggest any more?

kN1g9O8.png
This.
THIPcdW.png

I've got my ram timings here with my 7800x3d but my ddr5 knowledge is slim, can anyone suggest if anything needs changing? the trfc timings really don't like be moved much at all ..

Last edited:
I've got my ram timings here with my 7800x3d but my ddr5 knowledge is slim, can anyone suggest if anything needs changing? the trfc timings really don't like be moved much at all ..
Geardown mode might be rounding your 37s' up, so effectively you are running at 30/38/38/38 ( will need someone to confirm as thats what DDR4 used to do )

And a 1 hour stab test is not enough for a memory test or any test tbh. I run Kahru (memory) and Y-Cruncher for 10-12 hours ( personal preference ).

Last edited:
for 7800x3d when installing chipset drivers do i install everything including the "AMD 3D V-Cache Performance Optimizer Driver and AMD PPM Provisioning File Driver? I thought it was for the other cpus?

hmm with 7800x3d with ram at expo1 6000mhz i seem to get low cinebench r23 scores. pretty much lower than all reviews and those who have put their figures here in this thread. I'm on the up to date bios crosshair hero and max temp seems to be 86c on r23.

single score 1776
multi score 17680

Last edited:
hmm with 7800x3d with ram at expo1 6000mhz i seem to get low cinebench r23 scores. pretty much lower than all reviews and those who have put their figures here in this thread. I'm on the up to date bios crosshair hero and max temp seems to be 86c on r23.

single score 1776
multi score 17680
17600 is about right at stock, tuned i'm around 18700

Last edited:
I tried these settings and latency in AIDA64 went from 64.7ns to 65.4ns so I then set tREFI to 65535 and it went down to 62.6ns to I`ll set Karhu to run overnight and see how it goes.
Latency in Aida64 will change everytime you click it, regardless of changes - 64.7 to 65.4 is well within the range it will produce with identical settings / margin of error if you like.

Last edited:
I tried these settings and latency in AIDA64 went from 64.7ns to 65.4ns so I then set tREFI to 65535 and it went down to 62.6ns to I`ll set Karhu to run overnight and see how it goes.
Well it stopped on error 3 minutes and 41 seconds in so I`ll set tREFI back to it`s default setting and try again.

Put REFI back to what it was (temporarily) and try these instead to see if it stops the latency drop. If it does, then you can put REFI back to 65535.

Note, before you try the below, put the original timings back and double check latency value first just to make sure its not changed from when you last tested.

RRDL 12
WTRL 24
WRWRSCL 13
RFC 480
RCF2 260

Back
Top Bottom