• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nuclear option.
i haven't had an AMD system since Athlon XP. it's lazy but the previous few rebuilds i just carried on the previous Windows installation. with this latest switch to Zen 4 (was previously 8700k) it was so unstable i thought the mobo was faulty. sound would drop out and stutter, most worryingly the system would randomly shutdown (at idle, gaming, browsing, you name it) and wouldn't power back on unless i cut the PSU power completely. windows reinstall completely solved this.

i haven't had an AMD system since Athlon XP. it's lazy but the previous few rebuilds i just carried on the previous Windows installation. with this latest switch to Zen 4 (was previously 8700k) it was so unstable i thought the mobo was faulty. sound would drop out and stutter, most worryingly the system would randomly shutdown (at idle, gaming, browsing, you name it) and wouldn't power back on unless i cut the PSU power completely. windows reinstall completely solved this.
You switch from Intel platform to an AMD platform without reinstalling windows?! I'm amazed it ran at all!

Is it generally accepted that building a Ryzen 7800x3d would not benefit from the same speed rating of DDR5 memory as the 13700k does, noting what is selected to use in that video?
HUB tested it and they both gained nicely from faster memory. If anything, the X3D parts gained more from faster memory than the Intel parts. Probably not what most people expect tbf.
I'm not sure if they tuned all the sub timings.

HUB tested it and they both gained nicely from faster memory. If anything, the X3D parts gained more from faster memory than the Intel parts. Probably not what most people expect tbf.
I'm not sure if they tuned all the sub timings.
I can't watch the video with sound, or much of it,either of them, until I get home.
I did note the choice of the faster memory for the Intel built PC over that of the Ryzen.
With what you note, and that video you linked, perhaps it'll make sense their choice when I can watch the video?

I can't watch the video with sound, or much of it,either of them, until I get home.
I did note the choice of the faster memory for the Intel built PC over that of the Ryzen.
With what you note, and that video you linked, perhaps it'll make sense their choice when I can watch the video?
The problem is the Intel CPUs can support faster memory, so they can't really test like for like. If they did (lowered the Intel memory speed) I will assume (based on that video above) that the gap would widen further but can't say for sure.

Last edited:
The problem is the Intel CPUs can support faster memory, so they can't really test like for like. If they did (lowered the Intel memory speed) I will assume (based on that video above) that the gap would widen further but can't say for sure.

I think the memory speed would effect the performance of the Mesh cores. Not sure about the Skylake part as that was designed with dual channel DDR4 in mind.

Your raptor lake cpu is not guaranteed to support the likes of 7200 ram according to buildzoid, he says anything over 6800 is not worth the stability problems.

My AM5 experience is great

I have my PPT set to 80 watts, temps barely break 70c under R23 with a loss of a few hundred points.

Compared to the 13600k I had, AM5 boots in 9 seconds Vs 15. All my nvme drives bench at there rated speeds which was not the case on intel. Biggest win is efficiency and low heat output, bonus in the summer. Platform stability is as good if not better than intel.

Last edited:
@LtMatt Are these settings all good for me to disable? I want to make sure and ask you first.

FEATURE FCLK DPM [Disabled]

PCle All Port ECRC [Disabled]

IBUF_LPWR_MODE Disabled]

Power Down Enable [Disabled]

Memory Context Restore Disabled]

Clock Spread Spectrum [Disabled]

SVM Mode Disabled]

ASPM Support [Disabled]

IOMMU [Disabled]

ECC [Disabled]

SMEE Disable]

DF Cstates [Disabled]

PSPP Policy [Disabled]

Thank you. I am ordering some a die so should be starting memory tuning very soon. How is your 7800 kit, would you recommend this?

Watch this:

The Teamgroup T-Create 5600 and 6000 he talks about there are A die kits for silly cheap money. (Can order both on the rainforest)
Yes you will have to tune it yourself (You'd still have to do that with a 7800 kit), that's easy enough to do, on the channel he even has vids showing you how.
Put the money you'd throw away on a 7800 kit into something else.

Why OCUK haven't jumped onto these sticks is beyond me, they'd sell tons of them now the cat is out the bag on which IC's are in these kits (hint hint)

Last edited:
Watch this:

The Teamgroup T-Create 5600 and 6000 he talks about there are A die kits for silly cheap money. (Can order both on the rainforest)
Yes you will have to tune it yourself (You'd still have to do that with a 7800 kit), that's easy enough to do, on the channel he even has vids showing you how.
Put the money you'd throw away on a 7800 kit into something else.

Why OCUK haven't jumped onto these sticks is beyond me, they'd sell tons of them now the cat is out the bag on which IC's are in these kits (hint hint)
Wow. That’s really good. The 7800 kits were going for £250. Thanks for this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom