• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I pulled the trigger on the 7800X3D. I don't need the extra productivity and it performs better than the others for gaming.

@LtMatt I receive my GSkill 64gb kit today but it’s in fact M-Die. I have phoned a place and they say they are all M-Die now, no A-die.

Is there a massive difference between these A-die/Mdie kits? You think I should just send back and try something else?

Manage to get my 64gb GSkill 6000 CL30 today. When I install and set expo1 it booted into windows fine. I started YCruncher and came back into room and it had restarted. I get back into windows and windows has corrupt. I try a quick system restore but a blue screen. I try reseating etc but nothing. When I put back my 32gb Dominator Expo kit it’s working perfectly. I have to now reinstall windows. This kit is on the QVL for my board X670e Hero.

Anyone have suggestions?

Exact kit - f5-6000j3040g32gx2-tz5nr

Last edited:
Manage to get my 64gb GSkill 6000 CL30 today. When I install and set expo1 it booted into windows fine. I started YCruncher and came back into room and it had restarted. I get back into windows and windows has corrupt. I try a quick system restore but a blue screen. I try reseating etc but nothing. When I put back my 32gb Dominator Expo kit it’s working perfectly. I have to now reinstall windows. This kit is on the QVL for my board X670e Hero.

Anyone have suggestions?

Was it Hynix A die in the end?

Anyone have suggestions?

Can you post a zen timings?

I saw your email earlier but not had chance to reply yet been a busy day. :)

Last edited:
Card just set to 2900, 2650 fast, 15%
System memory not playing very nice with the bios im on, not working great with m die. Got some nice A die coming next week so that will improve things.

and heres one with power data etc

Arghh to get back to these times, now average is around 230 FPS and lows of around 44 FPS what the F'k have they done!!....

Can you post a zen timings?

I saw your email earlier but not had chance to reply yet been a busy day. :)
I’ve had to remove it to reinstall windows because it was so unstable. This is on the QVL so I’m not understand why EXPO doesn’t work. I have had to put back my previous memory just to be able to reinstall windows because it was constant blue screen. Now I have everything back to normal, but surely this kit is faulty maybe? I’m very disappointed.

I’ve had to remove it to reinstall windows because it was so unstable. This is on the QVL so I’m not understand why EXPO doesn’t work. I have had to put back my previous memory just to be able to reinstall windows because it was constant blue screen. Now I have everything back to normal, but surely this kit is faulty maybe? I’m very disappointed.
Could be.

I assume you were on the latest BIOS and has cleared CMOS prior to installing the new kit to allow the board to train the memory and pick suitable SOC voltages etc?

Could be.

I assume you were on the latest BIOS and has cleared CMOS prior to installing the new kit to allow the board to train the memory and pick suitable SOC voltages etc?
Yes I make sure I train the memory. The only thing I think is my curve optimiser settings might be the problem.

What do I use to upload timings on this?

Back
Top Bottom