• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6400 ram speed might be a little abitious tbh ( unless its with really loose timings ) - Have you tested that for stability ?

Just because it boots to Windows with EXPO doesn't mean its stable.
Did the windows inbuilt memory test and it was ok nothing fault is that a good test I don't know?

I might at this point just put it all back to standard and run the ram at expo settings 6000....

Last edited:
Peformance wise alone it's not huge, no, the performance is gained from other factors changing. It gains the biggest benefit from temperature/power drops. Which can in turn benefit performance if it pushes your CPU into a lower temp bracket that can allow it to boost higher. For example if your CPU is running at the max temp of 89C on heavy work loads, using a negative CO can reduce that and give more headroom to boost. If you've already got a really good cooler/case where the CPU isn't getting to those temps then you might not see as big of a gain.

At a guess I'd imagine your current negative CO is probably not stable under all workloads. All core CO kind of works for single CCD CPU's, but when you've got two CCDs which aren't even symmetrical like in the 7950x3D it doesn't really work as well. In my experience, and from what I've seen of a lot of other reports. The CCD with the cache on allows for a much bigger negative CO than the frequency CCD does. Of course if you mostly use it for games you might not notice instability on the frequency CCD as it's just not used as much by design.

What CPU? I can't say I've noticed any difference in temps on my 7950X3D.
I also have 7950x3d.

What are your Tctl/tdie temps reaching in HWINFO64?

Last edited:
I also have 7950x3d.

What are your Tctl/tdie temps reaching in HWINFO64?
Very game dependent. I just checked two games though which I thought would be reasonable examples. The new Ratchet and Clank was coming in at around 65-73C during gameplay. Cyberpunk was the other(this also has the mod installed which is meant to help with SMT performance) and it was running hotter at around 75-80C. Both games could get up to 85C but only during loading, never during normal gameplay, was that what you were spotting? Cinebench gets up to 89C for me but that's not really changed(my resulting score hasnt changed either), it's due to the fact I've got a loose fan curve (it doesn't ramp up till it needs to - if I put it on full speed all the time it actually drops to 85C) on my Noctua NH-D15 and my case isn't exactly the most open for air (Fractal Design Define R6).

Got Watchdogs Legion downloaded, will put up some figures in a bit for comparison to HUBs 7950X3D numbers and will maybe put up a video too.

Any predictions for how much faster or slower in % my score (avg FPS) will be vs HUBs? :p
efx2aGh.png

Okay results are in DX12 performs best with the 7950X3D @HappySheep @Robert896r1 @Drayvn @01001101 @NirK

7950X3D Stock (no BCLK overclock) both CCD/SMT enabled
Tuned using curve optimiser
6400MhzC28 1.51v + FCLK 2167Mhz
ZRhaXVt.png

4090 Stock ReBar Off
Watch Dogs Legion DX12 1080P Very High Preset
3koDg1e.jpg

4090 Stock ReBar Off
Watch Dogs Legion DX11 1080P Very High Preset
SJE4bhB.jpg

Vs HUBs 7950X3D 6000MhzC30 Watch Dogs Legion DX12 1080P Very High Preset
efx2aGh.png
Update to my previous best Watchdogs Legion 1080P Very High Preset score using a 4090 in comparison to HUBs 7950X3D/13900K, I've added 9 FPS by switching to a dual rank kit, despite dropping memory speed by 200Mhz.

Getting 25% better performance vs HUBs 7950X3D with my tuned 7950X3D with 6200Mhz running at C26. :)
tx93gsU.png

r7qsIxp.jpg

Last edited:
Very game dependent. I just checked two games though which I thought would be reasonable examples. The new Ratchet and Clank was coming in at around 65-73C during gameplay. Cyberpunk was the other(this also has the mod installed which is meant to help with SMT performance) and it was running hotter at around 75-80C. Both games could get up to 85C but only during loading, never during normal gameplay, was that what you were spotting? Cinebench gets up to 89C for me but that's not really changed(my resulting score hasnt changed either), it's due to the fact I've got a loose fan curve (it doesn't ramp up till it needs to - if I put it on full speed all the time it actually drops to 85C) on my Noctua NH-D15 and my case isn't exactly the most open for air (Fractal Design Define R6).
Yes this is very much the same. In Diablo 4 as an example when the game is first loading I can get 83c but it is for a very short time. Mainly it is in the 70c around.

What worried me the most was the latest YCruncher version. I can see up to 86c but only on that particular reading. All other including t die are much lower.

I have done some reading up on this and it is apparently not as accurate as i first thought. I have seen people showing theirs reaching over 90c but with 0 throttling which you would expect at this temp. Others say that this is normal for this particular sensor to ramp up fans and as long as other temps are fine it is all good.

Thank you for testing this.

Last edited:
Update to my previous best Watchdogs Legion 1080P Very High Preset score using a 4090 in comparison to HUBs 7950X3D/13900K, I've added 9 FPS by switching to a dual rank kit, despite dropping memory speed by 200Mhz.

Getting 25% better performance vs HUBs 7950X3D with my tuned 7950X3D with 6200Mhz running at C26. :)
tx93gsU.png

r7qsIxp.jpg
What type of tuning you doing to get this FPS on games Matt lol I've tinkered with my 7950x3d and get little to no difference..... Are you local to east Midlands I'll pay you to come and sort my setup out hahaha

Last edited:
What time of tuning you doing to get this FPS on games Matt lol I've tinkered with my 7950x3d and get little to no difference..... Are you local to east Midlands I'll pay you to come and sort my setup out hahaha
I think you mean, what kind of tuning? :D

It largely comes down to tuning memory frequency/timings, tuning FCLK for the CPU, tuning curve optimiser for the CPU, making sure your CPU cooling solution is more than adequate, and lastly making sure things are good and clean on the software side.

If you share with me the make and model of your memory kit, a screenshot of zen timings, I'll give you some settings to try which should at least result in a modest improvement in performance.

I think you mean, what kind of tuning? :D

It largely comes down to tuning memory frequency/timings, tuning FCLK for the CPU, tuning curve optimiser for the CPU, making sure your CPU cooling solution is more than adequate, and lastly making sure things are good and clean on the software side.

If you share with me the make and model of your memory kit, a screenshot of zen timings, I'll give you some settings to try which should at least result in a modest improvement in performance.
Ok nice thanks well it's Corsair c36 6000mhz kit the 32gb I use expo on auto setting at 6000mhz speed rest of the stuff is the CPU 7950x3d, MSI x670e tomahawk, 4090 gaming trio x MSI if any of that helps lol oh and Arctic freezer II 360MM

Last edited:
Ive pretty much decided on a 7800x3d and 4090 i just need to pick a mobo and RAM 64GB if anyone has any suggestions, mostly gaming, all game types. I do like to tinker a bit so will be trying to get the best out of the kit.

tx93gsU.png

r7qsIxp.jpg
Could you share your exact settings? This result is crazy to me.

Back
Top Bottom