• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EXPO I, II etc are just different EXPO profiles. Typically the II profile has a few more timings set than EXPO I.

Manual tuning each timing is still the best way to go for best performance, but you can set an EXPO profile to get you up and running quickly without having to worry about stability - generally. :p

Last edited:
EXPO I, II etc are just different EXPO profiles. Typically the II profile has a few more timings set than EXPO I.

Manual tuning each timing is still the best way to go for best performance, but you can set an EXPO profile to get you up and running quickly without having to worry about stability - generally. :p
So properly tuned ram and cpu (7950x3d) in your opinion what amount on average FPS am i missing out on roughly? I play games like warzone 2 and csgo i mainly play.

Not many will get LTMatt numbers on these CPU’s. He is a very extreme case. You have to be realistic about what you can expect. If it were a case of following the install instructions and clean install of windows everybody would have these great numbers.

We have to be real LtMatt is the 0.1%.

Make sure you set everything up properly and simply benchmark COD MW2. I expect to see Matts results.

Last edited:
Having some issues with my 7950x3d setup (in sig) i've left bios to default, as soon as I launch amd ryzen master and set to gaming mode it says I need to reboot etc, it always just hangs on this situation. I then hard power down it will then post but says overclock fail but going into bios and save and reboot its fine. I've installed the AMD chipset drivers, updated xbox game bar etc, have the lastest official bios (not latest beta) but at the end of the day the performance in WZ2 is no better than I had with my 5800x

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well and wish everyone a nice weekend.

I am very happy that I found this forum and hope that someone can help me. I have to say that I am not familiar with PCs & Co. at all.

I had a completely new PC built a few months ago. But unfortunately I'm very disappointed because it's not going really well. I'm currently only playing CoD MWII/WZ2 and I'm very dissatisfied with the FPS. And for that reason I hope someone can help me via discord or something like that to make my pc run really well. I put 2 pictures of the CoD benchmark in.

This is installed in my PC:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
ASUS ROG Strix RTX4090 OC
ASUS ROG Strix Helios
ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360
ASUS ROG Thor 1200P2 Gaming
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR X670E Extreme
4x 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CMT32GX5M2X5600C36
2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
9x Corsair QL120
1x Corsair QL140 RGB
Windows 11 Pro

I thank you in advance for the help and stay healthy everyone.

Best regards from Germany

DeNiM

IMG-4368.jpg

IMG-4367.jpg

Last edited:

I am very happy that I found this forum and hope that someone can help me. I have to say that I am not familiar with PCs & Co. at all.

I had a completely new PC built a few months ago. But unfortunately I'm very disappointed because it's not going really well. I'm currently only playing CoD MWII/WZ2 and I'm very dissatisfied with the FPS. And for that reason I hope someone can help me via discord or something like that to make my pc run really well. I put 2 pictures of the CoD benchmark in.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
ASUS ROG Strix Helios
ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360
2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
9x Corsair QL120
1x Corsair QL140 RGB
Windows 11 Pro

DeNiM

IMG-4368.jpg

IMG-4367.jpg
Im not seeing a problem here...

Im not seeing a problem here...
So for what is installed in the PC, I find the FPS at 2k resolution very little. But also in general, the PC is not that smooth. And since I don't really know my way around, BIOS, Windows and others are definitely not set and optimized correctly.

So for what is installed in the PC, I find the FPS at 2k resolution very little. But also in general, the PC is not that smooth. And since I don't really know my way around, BIOS, Windows and others are definitely not set and optimized correctly.

The ram isn’t exactly the fastest. I don’t think 4 sticks is necessarily the way to go either.

Having some issues with my 7950x3d setup (in sig) i've left bios to default, as soon as I launch amd ryzen master and set to gaming mode it says I need to reboot etc, it always just hangs on this situation. I then hard power down it will then post but says overclock fail but going into bios and save and reboot its fine. I've installed the AMD chipset drivers, updated xbox game bar etc, have the lastest official bios (not latest beta) but at the end of the day the performance in WZ2 is no better than I had with my 5800x
Why are you using game mode? I believe these chips benefit from being undervolted not overclocked.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
ASUS ROG Strix Helios
ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360
2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
9x Corsair QL120
1x Corsair QL140 RGB
Windows 11 Pro

DeNiM

IMG-4368.jpg

IMG-4367.jpg
Well, your numbers are not too bad. However I can see one issue, you are running your display at 1440P but you are rendering the game at 1080P which is not optimal.

I have a few tweaks I can suggest which should help your performance a little.
  1. Download my MW2 config file (highlighted below) and place it in the location shown below.
    E7nzDvE.png
  2. Make sure your AMD Chipset drivers (5.05.16.529) are up to date.
  3. Make sure Windows Game Bar is up to date - Update via Microsoft Store.
  4. Use the Windows Balanced Power Profile. Once applied, set to Best Performance as shown below.
    E46rjHR.png
See if that helps improve your performance at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom