• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Anyone by chance know if there's any point in having PBO enabled in the BIOS for the 7800X3D ? I honestly cannot tell a difference between it on or off having watched the clocks, volts and temps before and after.

with a 7800x3d and some gigabyte auros ****** b650 mobo, is it worth it bothering for the new chipset drivers?

Can't hurt, Takes all of 30 seconds to install.

Soldato
I finally got on board with the idea of sitting Zen 5 out for a while. Might drop in a 9800X3D (or whatever it may be) later next year. So i've got a 7800 X3D now and looking at tuning the RAM a bit. My first use of DDR5 so need to get the hang of it's nuances.

I have 2x16GB Corsair Dominator Titanium, running EXPO @ 6000 CL30 on an MSI X670E Tomahawk. Brought the SOC to 1.225v from 1.3v and that's it.

I don't want to go too far with it, because frankly I don't have much time to tinker, I'm experienced with DDR3 and DDR4, I know how long it can take to dial it it in. I was thinking of just leaving at 6000mhz and tightening the timings a bit and looking for a base set to go for first that should be easy to achieve.

Any ideas?

Paging @LtMatt

No doubt i'll just end up going for 6400 after a while...

Last edited:
Soldato
I finally got on board with the idea of sitting Zen 5 out for a while. Might drop in a 9800X3D (or whatever it may be) later next year. So i've got a 7800 X3D now and looking at tuning the RAM a bit. My first use of DDR5 so need to get the hang of it's nuances.

I have 2x16GB Corsair Dominator Titanium, running EXPO @ 6000 CL30 on an MSI X670E Tomahawk. Brought the SOC to 1.225v from 1.3v and that's it.

I don't want to go too far with it, because frankly I don't have much time to tinker, I'm experienced with DDR3 and DDR4, I know how long it can take to dial it it in. I was thinking of just leaving at 6000mhz and tightening the timings a bit and looking for a base set to go for first that should be easy to achieve.

Any ideas?

Paging @LtMatt

With X3D, RAM upgrades over 6000 C30 can only be noticed in benchmarks.

The biggest upgrade left for you would be going above 8 cores, as some games do take advantage of 12/16, especially if you have some background applications open.

I'd hold out for a 12 or 16 core Ryzen9000 X3D, if you're really looking for a CPU upgrade. I'd upgrade GPU first though if just for gaming.

Caporegime

Any ideas?

Paging @LtMatt

6200Mhz should be easy to achieve. On a 2PC channel board like yours you'll probably be limited to around 7600Mhz as a maximum possible speed, but that will require some tweaking and effort to get there.

I'd go for 6000-6200Mhz and call it a day for now.

Back
Top Bottom