• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
whats the best way of updating amd chipset drivers? i read some time back its best to uninstall the old ones first and then reinstall. is that right?

Soldato
Looking into a 7950x3d will a MSI tomahawk x670 pair well?

As far as I know, there isn't an X670 on the market who's VRMs aren't overkill for even a 7950X, and the X3D pulls a bit less juice. These boards seem to have been built on an expectation that the 8000 series will pull more power. Be interesting to know what they know :cry:

But anyway, general advice is to buy the one with the features you want; e.g. Gigabyte has a model with extra pcie 5 m.2 slots, or there's a few that can do 2x8 slots, maybe check that the memory you want to use is on the Tomahawk's QVL, etc.

Associate
I've got one with my 7800x3d. Info on them seems sparse for some reason, maybe as they are new and "cheap" the mainsteam have ignored them infavour of chip killing expensive ASUS?

So far zero issues on mine, had it since day 1 7800x3d.
Think it only released semi-recently. I remember it being difficult to find in stock anywhere back when the 7950x3d first came out.

Associate
anyone else have issues with CoreCycler and AVX2/Small? my 7950x3d is failing at all stock (well, bios defaults on an X670E Hero), on Cores 8 & 10 (the two fastest, according to hwinfo and ryzen master, though RM calls them Cores 9 and 11).

Associate
anyone else have issues with CoreCycler and AVX2/Small? my 7950x3d is failing at all stock (well, bios defaults on an X670E Hero), on Cores 8 & 10 (the two fastest, according to hwinfo and ryzen master, though RM calls them Cores 9 and 11).
I've seen quite a few random comments about it failing, but it doesn't seem to be entirely universal so probably some kind of silicon lottery? Some people were RMAing over it. Otherwise you have to try positive offsets.

Mine passes but I can't really push negative CO very far. Other instruction sets were stable a lot higher.

Last edited:
Associate
I've seen quite a few random comments about it failing, but it doesn't seem to be entirely universal so probably some kind of silicon lottery? Some people were RMAing over it. Otherwise you have to try positive offsets.

Mine passes but I can't really push negative CO very far. Other instruction sets were stable a lot higher.
thanks. yeah i've sent OcUK a ticket, will see what they say. bit disappointing, i feel i've had to do a lot of faff to (fail to) get this setup to work at fairly boring settings (i.e. just use my DDR6000 at its rated EXPO speeds, with entirely stock CPU settings). last time i built a system it was an 8700k...boot, turn on XMP, let it turn MCE on, done.

Associate
thanks. yeah i've sent OcUK a ticket, will see what they say. bit disappointing, i feel i've had to do a lot of faff to (fail to) get this setup to work at fairly boring settings (i.e. just use my DDR6000 at its rated EXPO speeds, with entirely stock CPU settings). last time i built a system it was an 8700k...boot, turn on XMP, let it turn MCE on, done.
Be interesting to see how you get on with this. It should pass at stock settings. Hopefully you update!

Back
Top Bottom