S2000 owners thread. 9,000rpm of goodness in here.

Don
I had to put 2 of the seat mounting bolts in the lathe and shorten their heads. It looks like UK seats have an extra washer on the bolts which makes the heads interfere with the lower rails. I took 1mm off the top of them and we're golden.
All in all it took me about an hour to fit the seat rails. Quite an easy job.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had to put 2 of the seat mounting bolts in the lathe and shorten their heads. It looks like UK seats have an extra washer on the bolts which makes the heads interfere with the lower rails. I took 1mm off the top of them and we're golden.
All in all it took me about an hour to fit the seat rails. Quite an easy job.

Good job!

Do you have a link to the right rails? Building a list of bits for when the MX5 is sold and out of the way! Service first, then the extras

Don
Hmmm, seat rails are stuck this morning. I will have to take them out again and see why. I think they are actually too low and jam against the carpet. I'll try a couple of 1mm shims.

Don
They move freely when out of the car or when the rear bolts are loose. When it's all torqued up I can't get the seat all the way back without it jamming.
It's definitely the base jamming against the carpet. I have two options by the looks of things; some shims under the rails and longer bolts, or take the seat out and hammer the **** out of the metal seat bucket thing.

Soldato
Good news!

Can fit a full weeks food shop in the S2000! (A one off, won't be a regular occurrence)

Bad news..

Scuffed the bottom corner of my front lip on a stupid curb in the parking space. Could have been avoided.

Never mind it's not really visible when looking at the car but.. I know it's there :D

Tbh I was thinking about having the front bumper addressed at some point for stone chips etc so not the end of the world. I'm sure a light buff and touch up paint would suffice as it's barely visible from standing, will look into it

And when looking at the mark I done, I noticed the previous owner must have done similar too as there's another scuff in the centre. But again, not visible really

Last edited:
Don
Sorted the seat rails. I performed some precision adjustment of the seat base (smashed it several times with a rubber mallet) and we're golden. Slides back and forth with no issues now.
Oh, and my Ohlins have shipped. They should be with me on Monday which means next weekend is suspension stripping time.

Soldato
Sorted the seat rails. I performed some precision adjustment of the seat base (smashed it several times with a rubber mallet) and we're golden. Slides back and forth with no issues now.
Oh, and my Ohlins have shipped. They should be with me on Monday which means next weekend is suspension stripping time.
suspension is easy on S2K. Ohlins are epic too.

Don
Yeah, shouldn't take too long. Just need to be careful to reclock all the pivot bolts as the ride height will be different.
I'll try and mark the positions as best I can but will need to get it booked in for another geo asap.

Don
I never liked the bare metal and the nut that clamps against the gear knob on the S2000 so I turned this up on the lathe out of aluminium last night. The gaiter is held over the rim at the bottom - I pushed it down to show how it fits in the picture.

1719128542581.jpeg

Soldato
I never liked the bare metal and the nut that clamps against the gear knob on the S2000 so I turned this up on the lathe out of aluminium last night. The gaiter is held over the rim at the bottom - I pushed it down to show how it fits in the picture.

1719128542581.jpeg
Looks good, I like your gear knob!

Associate
my windscreen washer pump has packed up, £100 for a genuine one or £10 for OE :D

top tip if you ever have to replace it, make sure you order a load of the clips that hold the inner wheel lining on as most of them have gone brittle and break on removal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Based on the photos I shared of mine the other day, would you say it looked lowered?

I assumed it was standard but someone on a Facebook group suggested it looked like it was lowered?

I only ask as I assumed it was standard, so didn't note it as a mod on insurance or anything. The ad suggested the air filter was the only mod (which I did declare)

Last edited:
Soldato
If the clearance is less than about 4 inches at the front (excluding the front lip) it's probably lowered. You need about that to not scrape speed bumps.

Last edited:
Soldato
If the clearance is less than about 4 inches at the front (excluding the front lip) it's probably lowered. You need about that to not scrape speed bumps.
I'll check, looks more than 4" by eye but I'll get down there later and check.

Should I have declared the front/rear lip.. thinking I probably should have now, but I assumed they were optional extras from new but not really sure

Probably over thinking it. But they do say to claim everything.. just in case.

Last edited:
Don
Put it down. I tell them absolutely everything that isn't stock S2000. Hifi, lip, spoiler, air-intake, etc etc.
If you don't, you won't be able to claim their value if the car is written off.

Back
Top Bottom