S2000 owners thread. 9,000rpm of goodness in here.

Don
Lovely looking bits of kit!

Ordered a clay kit to go over the car and hopefully sort it out!

I think my first big spend will be a Miltek system or similar
I'm probably going to go with that system next year. Or this year if funds allow.
I've already spaffed something like £7k on this car so far since getting it.

Mods since getting:
K&N FIPK
UK exhaust mod
Ohlins DFV
Sony DSX-GS80 headunit
Focal components
Focal rears
JL sub
JBL amp
DRLs
Rear spoiler
Front lip
BYS lowered seat rails
Steering wheel retrim
Ball gear knob
LED bulbs all round
Renegade brass shifter bushing

Maintenance:
Trans flush and refill
Diff flush and refill
Clutch fluid flush and refill
Brake fluid flush and refill
TCT replacement
Spark plugs
Oil change
Oil filter change
Geo setup

Soldato
I'm probably going to go with that system next year. Or this year if funds allow.
I've already spaffed something like £7k on this car so far since getting it.

Mods since getting:
K&N FIPK
UK exhaust mod
Ohlins DFV
Sony DSX-GS80 headunit
Focal components
Focal rears
JL sub
JBL amp
DRLs
Rear spoiler
Front lip
BYS lowered seat rails
Steering wheel retrim
Ball gear knob
LED bulbs all round
Renegade brass shifter bushing

Maintenance:
Trans flush and refill
Diff flush and refill
Clutch fluid flush and refill
Brake fluid flush and refill
TCT replacement
Spark plugs
Oil change
Oil filter change
Geo setup

Rabbit hole aye :)

Yeah the Miltek seems to tick the boxes for me.

Once my MX5 sells, I'm going to get a service done and look for that to include all fluids listed above.

It had a big service last year (and essentially only 500ish miles ago) so some of it will likely be fine. But there's a hefty gap in the service history so for me, it's a peace of mind thing to just be sure everything is up together.

Did you carry out any of that list yourself?

Mods wise for me, I hopes doesn't stretch to that sort of cash :D but essentially I just want an exhaust system and some basic audio stuff. Maybe interior tart up pieces to make it a nicer place to be. Oh and the underseal I mentioned before, I feel that could be worth it.

I guess it was a bonus to have the lip and spoiler already and an air filter as that's something I would have gone for too.

The lowering isn't something I would have chased, but I like how it currently looks so I'll keep it like that! Maybe in the future I could look to make it more comfortable with a full set up over just springs but for now, it's fine

Last edited:
Don
I've done the front two struts this afternoon which should be the hardest ones to do. TBH it was pretty easy. The difficulty was getting 19 years of crap off the bolts. Judicious use of angel **** soon saw them free.
Dinner, then the rears.

Don
And done. Passenger, rear gave me a headache. Had to take the fuel filler neck out to access the top hat bolts. Then the OE shock got itself wedged on to the lower arm. Had to get my wife to stand on the top wishbone while I hammered it out with a mallet!

IMG_1657.jpeg

Last edited:
Don
I'm getting too old for this ****.
Woke up this morning and feel like I've been in fight, and lost.

Next time I decide to work on the car, tell me to take it to a garage. My muscles are killing me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting too old for this ****.
Woke up this morning and feel like I've been in fight, and lost.

Next time I decide to work on the car, tell me to take it to a garage. My muscles are killing me.
I’ve done the crowns starter last week. 6 hours under the car. I was broken by the end of it.

Soldato
My S2000 has a Headphone and usb lead coming from the back of the head unit (I assume)

So I thought I would be able to play music through it, via the AUX option on the head unit. However that button doesn't seem to do anything. It says CD/AUX so I assume it's supposed to flick between the two at a press of the button but it just stays on cd.

Don
No idea. What headunit is it?

I took the S2000 out this morning to test the Ohlins. Quite a difference I will say. The ride - while firm - is much more compliant over the bumps. A bumpy corner I drive every day that normally has the back end chattering out of line was now taken without any fuss at all. I deliberately drove over small pot holes and bumps and it's quite impressive the way it soaks them up without jarring my body. I mean, it's no BMW 7-series but with the stock suspension if you hit a pot hole - my god the car let you know about it; now it's much more controlled.
I'll need to bed them in and drive them hard to give my full opinion but first impressions are very good indeed.

Soldato
No idea. What headunit is it?

I took the S2000 out this morning to test the Ohlins. Quite a difference I will say. The ride - while firm - is much more compliant over the bumps. A bumpy corner I drive every day that normally has the back end chattering out of line was now taken without any fuss at all. I deliberately drove over small pot holes and bumps and it's quite impressive the way it soaks them up without jarring my body. I mean, it's no BMW 7-series but with the stock suspension if you hit a pot hole - my god the car let you know about it; now it's much more controlled.
I'll need to bed them in and drive them hard to give my full opinion but first impressions are very good indeed.
They do both track and road really well. I’d love a set for my fd2 but another £2k is hard to find

Back
Top Bottom