S2000 owners thread. 9,000rpm of goodness in here.

Just went out to fill up, popped back out to the car after getting home to take the bin out and noticed a petrol smell. Seems to be coming from the rear by the cap.

There's a small dark patch on the floor but not sure if this was already there and I'm just paranoid.

I did notice the fuel cap was really loose like I didn't do it up properly when I filled up.

Will keep an eye on it :(

Just went out to fill up, popped back out to the car after getting home to take the bin out and noticed a petrol smell. Seems to be coming from the rear by the cap.

There's a small dark patch on the floor but not sure if this was already there and I'm just paranoid.

I did notice the fuel cap was really loose like I didn't do it up properly when I filled up.

Probably just didn’t do it up properly.

Right, this the state of my engine bay. Unmolested but unloved. Time to fix that.

1722359222808.jpeg

Rocker cover looks like crap and the coilpack cover is corroded too.
1722359253581.jpeg

Off with it. Valvetrain looks good. No wear on the lobes and no varnish which concurs with the history I have for it showing it's had an oil change every 3 - 5k miles.
1722359347144.jpeg

Unfortunately, it's impossible to buy proper paint remover these days. The stuff that would take your skin off. So;
I hit it with these:
IMG_1729.jpeg

And this is where we're at now. Dinner time though.
IMG_1728.jpeg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it's impossible to buy proper paint remover these days. The stuff that would take your skin off. So;
I hit it with these:
IMG_1729.jpeg

And this is where we're at now. Dinner time though.
IMG_1728.jpeg
I love watching you get **** done! Proper can do attitude to the s2000.

Id love to remove mine just to see if it's horrendous or nice underneath.

I have a quick question for you regarding the speakers/headunit stuff. So the bits I ordered the other day, is that all I need? Just plug and play?

With the exception of the Focal speakers which I think I need some sort of mount for? I could potentially knock something up at work. Is there a go too template/dimensions

Thanks!

I'll fit those a bit later. Off on holiday at weekend. Hope to get the headunit in though, priority!

That's usually straightforward enough.

Am I right in thinking I literally have to pull the center console off and move it back to get to the HU?

What's the chances of snapping something :D

A totally different car, but I had this on an Abarth 500. Only happened after filling up. It was a small split in the filler pipe so only leaked when brimmed.

Get it looked at because obviously its really dangerous, especially in this weather.

Last edited:

The petrol caps are known for coming a bit loose if not done up tight, give it a good 5 clicks.

Am I right in thinking I literally have to pull the center console off and move it back to get to the HU?
Remove gear knob
Pull up sharply at the sides of the centre console either side of the gearstick.
Gradually lift it to pop out the clips at the back.
Remove the connectors for the roof, demist, and hazards (note their positions because the demist and roof connections can go in eachother's sockets)
Rotate the housing and remove it from the area
Pull the radio door housing off (use a spludger rather than pulling on the door itself). Start at the bottom and pull it out, pivoting it around the top where the vents are.
Undo the screws holding the radio in
Remove the radio

The brackets that hold the stock radio can be fitted to the sides of the new one to hold it in position.

Last edited:
1722423727032.jpeg
Colour is a bit wrong. It's more Ferrari red than the darker red that is normal. Should look OK once on the car though. Certainly a lot better than how it was anyway.

Last edited:
Remove gear knob
Pull up sharply at the sides of the centre console either side of the gearstick.
Gradually lift it to pop out the clips at the back.
Remove the connectors for the roof, demist, and hazards (note their positions because the demist and roof connections can go in eachother's sockets)
Rotate the housing and remove it from the area
Pull the radio door housing off (use a spludger rather than pulling on the door itself). Start at the bottom and pull it out, pivoting it around the top where the vents are.
Undo the screws holding the radio in
Remove the radio

The brackets that hold the stock radio can be fitted to the sides of the new one to hold it in position.
Thanks! I gave it a go while out for lunch waiting on the sun! Think the boiling heat made it easier came up nicely.

1722423727032.jpeg
Colour is a bit wrong. It's more Ferrari red than the darker red that is normal. Should look OK once on the car though. Certainly a lot better than how it was anyway.
A nice improvement all the same.

Why do these covers go bad so easy? Literally all the ads I looked at when hunting for the car had it to some extent

Had a real struggle finding some decent OEM 17" wheels, so gave up on them and ordered some Enkei PF01's today.

Should hopefully look a bit like this when fitted:

kSjdPqx.png

Now just need to wait for them to get here from the states, no doubt i will want some new adjustable suspension next!

Had a real struggle finding some decent OEM 17" wheels, so gave up on them and ordered some Enkei PF01's today.

Should hopefully look a bit like this when fitted:

kSjdPqx.png

Now just need to wait for them to get here from the states, no doubt i will want some new adjustable suspension next!

I like those, hopefully don't have to wait too long!

My bits all arrived today ,with the exception of the speaker rings. Ended up ordering some on eBay hopefully they are the right ones!

May do the headunit tonight. Already confused about all the cables but I'm sure it will make sense when I get down to it.

PXL-20240731-160358765.jpg

I didn't realise that 6.5" was the standard size of the original speakers and just went with the above 130mm set that came up on the Dynamic sounds website under s2000 gear as they didn't list the 6.5" for the car

Hmmm... Was this a mistake? I could maybe return them and look for the 6.5" . Or will there be little difference in real world usage? Would mean returning the ordered rings too :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom