• Howe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clement

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Associate
After yesterday Howe could go, Bournemouth have had a terrible start and even though Howe did great last season that doesn't mean anything in football. Southampton and Leicester have sacked managers that have done well the season before.

Don
Whoever made the decision to appoint de Boer should be sacked. You decide to do a complete 180, appointing a manager with a completely different philosophy and way of playing and then give him 4 games to make those changes.

Man of Honour
OP
Whoever made the decision to appoint de Boer should be sacked. You decide to do a complete 180, appointing a manager with a completely different philosophy and way of playing and then give him 4 games to make those changes.

It's ridiculous. A club focused purely on survival shouldn't have appointed him to start with either.

Caporegime
What a disaster. Palace played Burnley off the park last night and their players gave everything. What a completely ridiculous decision. And Roy Hodgson? Seriously? Wouldn't be surprised if he got the sack before Christmas too. Palace are a joke.

Palace have played well recently, just haven't been able to score. Last night they could have easily had two or three goals and won the match. Drop will be lucky to get two points from the next four games. A joke.

Man of Honour
What a joke of a sport football has become where you can't even give a manager more than 4 games. They wanted someone to implement a new style of play then act amazed that it hasn't happened in a few weeks.

God I wish I could just stop being interested in football :p

Soldato
What a joke - Steve Parish will regret this I'm absolutely sure of it.

If Roy Hodgson gets the gig, I'll be livid - Parish said he wanted a manager that was going to last, so we're going to take on a 70 year old manager, what a joke!

Here we go with yet another relegation battle - Being a Palace fan is exhausting :p

God I wish I could just stop being interested in football :p

I think this way every time I see a player blatantly fake a foul :p Oh and most weekends when Palace play :p

Associate

Completely agree. I actually quite admired their decision this summer, but now they look like complete idiots!

Soldato
Disgusting decision. Really ****ing stupid. I hope he got a good pay out and I hope they continue to lose, but not because the team or fans deserve it though. What a joke.

Caporegime
I think the point to make is regardless of changing a system, a manager has to be able to use the players he has to play intermediate football. If you have a defence that performed fine last year, they shouldn't lose 4 in 4, you shouldn't be almost zero threat offensively and you can't just be utterly crap at football because "I have a system that worked at one old club".

He was a joke at Inter and I presume Palace figured, well Inter was probably just a bad time and lets us get a guy who did great at Ajax. But did he not take over a very strong club that played exactly how he would and maybe was just a caretaker in a sense of a team that did everything he would have wanted. That doesn't mean he can coach another team to play that same way.

Lots of managers want a new system and different players, but lots of managers also take time to transition to such a style and don't lose 4 games playing that poorly as they do that. A team that finished last season in fine form can't play that poorly overnight except through extremely poor management imo and after both Inter and Palace and the way he's been absolutely unable to do anything at all with either team and has this rock steady "you must all play immediately in this way Ajax did" mentality then he'll fail miserably everywhere he goes.

Soldato
Just speaking to my father - a Palace fan - and he said their next games are Southampton/the two Manchesters/Chelsea. Could easily be P8 L8.
That would require Southampton to figure out where the goal is and maybe even get a shot on target.

Caporegime
Perhaps if clubs had a manager window similar to the transfer window it would prevent all the knee jerk reactions.

Teams have 25 man squads + unlimited under 21yr old players, if one player goes wrong there are plenty of alternatives AND it's a team game in which a single player hasn't got much effect. If the manager goes completely crazy, or hates the players, does whatever and has to go then having a manager window would literally destroy clubs seasons over a single person.

A transfer window for managers would never work and I don't believe this is a knee jerk reaction, if a manager has upset half the squad, broken the relationship with his owners, everyone hates the training and the training isn't providing any positive impact on the team then really the manager has to go.

I think I've also seen a suggestion that he wasn't involving himself in the transfer process, so maybe he just expected Palace to sign a bunch of top players without him speaking to players or needing to say who he wanted while at Ajax you had a director of football going around and picking up the best talent in the league as a club in Ajax's position could do there.

My impression is he was a caretaker manager of Ajax, he took over a club and system he knew everything about and already played exactly how he wanted, others took care of buying and selling and he just picked from a strong squad that didn't need to learn anything new. At Inter and Palace he's seemingly angered or upset everyone involved at the club in a matter of a couple of months both times then gotten fired for being awful.

Soldato
Teams have 25 man squads + unlimited under 21yr old players, if one player goes wrong there are plenty of alternatives AND it's a team game in which a single player hasn't got much effect. If the manager goes completely crazy, or hates the players, does whatever and has to go then having a manager window would literally destroy clubs seasons over a single person.

A transfer window for managers would never work and I don't believe this is a knee jerk reaction, if a manager has upset half the squad, broken the relationship with his owners, everyone hates the training and the training isn't providing any positive impact on the team then really the manager has to go.

I think I've also seen a suggestion that he wasn't involving himself in the transfer process, so maybe he just expected Palace to sign a bunch of top players without him speaking to players or needing to say who he wanted while at Ajax you had a director of football going around and picking up the best talent in the league as a club in Ajax's position could do there.

My impression is he was a caretaker manager of Ajax, he took over a club and system he knew everything about and already played exactly how he wanted, others took care of buying and selling and he just picked from a strong squad that didn't need to learn anything new. At Inter and Palace he's seemingly angered or upset everyone involved at the club in a matter of a couple of months both times then gotten fired for being awful.

Poor management. They must have known exactly what his plan was, if they didn't then that's their fault.

I agree he's got to take some of the blame but you need to give him some time to adjust too....

Didn't someone say that they weren't even that bad in their last match?

Back
Top Bottom