• Howe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clement

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Poor management. They must have known exactly what his plan was, if they didn't then that's their fault.

I agree he's got to take some of the blame but you need to give him some time to adjust too....

Didn't someone say that they weren't even that bad in their last match?

You realise they played Burnley right? They finished out the season in probably top half table form yet weren't even that bad against Burnley in the last match.

But again there is talk about many other issues and it's extremely unlikely De Boer went into the interview and said, I'm going to switch formation straight away, hopefully they'll all adapt in a few weeks and it will be great. If he did he likely wouldn't have gotten the job. He probably said his goal is to play Dutch style football, maybe it was unsaid and assumed that he meant over several years(as any sensible manager would mean) and there was miscommunication, but it's likely De Boer's plan wasn't to be this bad. Ultimately performance dictate if a manager stays, no team has ever started with four losses and no goals scored, even amongst all the bad teams that have been relegated that hasn't happened and that is fairly telling.

Like I said, I won't be surprised to see him get one or two more jobs, pull the same thing, know basically one way to play, no idea how to improve players or really coach, just keep a team in the particular style he knows ticking over till that all goes wrong as well(as it did at Ajax also).

Associate
You realise they played Burnley right? They finished out the season in probably top half table form yet weren't even that bad against Burnley in the last match.

Palace took 13 points out of their last 10 league games last season (including a 2-0 loss at home to Burnley), hardly 'top half table form'. In addition, Burnley had the 3rd best home record last season, so a defeat there in the last game wasn't exactly unexpected.

Associate
It's getting to be a bit of a joke. Imagine sacking Sir Alex Ferguson when he started at United? He wouldn't have lasted in this day and age.

Exactly his start at united was horrendous and he wouldn't of survived today if the game was the same. I saw 2-3 managers got sacked yesterday that's shocking.

Caporegime
For every Fergie there is a hundred managers who had a terrible start and stayed terrible though. Football is different now, the amount of money at stake means clubs feel they can't afford to give them time. Saying that four games is still ridiculously quick.

Caporegime
It's a bit harsh there's not much he can do when players like Mahrez boot the ball over the bar from 12 yards out, since last season they're either missing Kante or the players know they can't match winning the league again no matter how hard they try so they're not giving their all.

Back
Top Bottom